SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

SCENERY SHARING?

G-GMDH

SCENERY SHARING?

Post by G-GMDH on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:21 pm

SCENERY SHARING?

For those members wanting to share their photo real scenery the stumbling block has always been the very large files and how to transfer the same. I have used We Transfer in the past but the free version is limited to 2 Gb which is not a lot of scenery. As an example I have just finished Ireland and its around 25 Gb. I looked at Filemail which is free up to 30 Gb and tested that and because of my upload speed cap of 1 Mbs it was going to take several weeks to transfer!

So I then tried a torrent client called Tixati and this does work but not for the faint hearted and again its limited by my upload speed but does work once you get your head around how to drive it.

Recently the Tixati group have introduced a new free software apparently malware and virus clean as a P2P file transfer client called Fopnu. This works out of the box with no need to port forward your router connections although not the easiest to get your head around it does work.

I have carried out several tests with “Britfrog” and although we are limited with our upload speeds it is easy to exchange files.

A big thank you to “Britfrog” Nigel for being at the other end of the link and the time taken in testing both systems over many days.

For those interested in looking at the software it can be found here and please let the forum know how you get on using the system.

https://www.fopnu.com

Last edited by G-GMDH on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:41 am; edited 4 times in total
    britfrog

Re: SCENERY SHARING?

Post by britfrog on Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:51 pm

this file sharing is very interesting as both mike and I have scanned some large areas of many countires that we want to share amongst our members however we in europe appear to be hamstrung with this 1mb upload limit has anyone out there any experience of pnp or other systems where we can bypass this 1mb limit?
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:40 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:07 pm