SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

A New Version of Windows 10 - High End Machines - Flight Sim?

tony.meredith

A New Version of Windows 10 - High End Machines - Flight Sim?

Post by tony.meredith on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Guys,
    MS have announced another way to get you to pay for Windows 10 before they kill it based on what CPU you use.

https://www.windowscentral.com/new-windows-10-pro-workstations-os-coming-fall-creators-update?utm_source=wc&utm_medium=dailysummary&utm_content=20170814&utm_campaign=email

Tony
    britfrog

Re: A New Version of Windows 10 - High End Machines - Flight Sim?

Post by britfrog on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Happily none of my machines can be considered "high end" and whilst i do have win10 pro on 2 drives , this new version isnt interesting at all to me. As long as my win 7 drives work ok I can see no need to upgrade them to win 10 in the foreseeable future especially this "server" version.
    now if p3dv4 or xplane or FSXse were proven to work faster and better in this new OS then we might have to take a look at it , but IMHO M.S. have already shot them self in the foot and they are on the law of reducing returns, so it is logical that they are clutching at straws to recuperate some of their lost income. it wont be long before they will start selling off various parts of the company.

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:53 am