SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

compuserve for Dai

britfrog

compuserve for Dai

Post by britfrog on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:26 pm

many years ago before the internet took off, compuserve created Forums and many other things that we now take for granted in the internet , Sadly Compuserve was bought by AOL / and time warner and like most things they touch it was destroyed.
    this jean shirt (my only jean shirt) reminds me of many happy nights when my wife was involved in a sunday night quiz  as well as craft groups etc
    more credit should be given to compuserve as they were well ahead of anyone else at the time
    ddavid

Re: compuserve for Dai

Post by ddavid on Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:53 pm

Aah! Good ol' Compuserve. Back in 1979 I had the job of linking the company's international offices together via Compuserve's email. Every office had a different computer/word-processor so emails were fine but documents were all different formats - no Open Office then, chaps!

Then IBM brought out their table top PC, which added to the confusion...

Those were the days, eh?

Cheers - Dai. Cool

P.S. Is the shirt for sale? Ha!!
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:17 pm

my first P.C was an IBM XT with a 10mb hard drive , it was considered back then impossible to fill 10mb and smaller drives were more popular ! plus a replacement drive was around 3500 pounds !!!
    look at us now I have 12 tb's of storage and am rapidly running out of space

different world

the first computer thaat my company had was a sperry univac bc7 which cost a bundle but the storage was done on a series of disks that were about the size of old 78's and there was a stack of 6 of them that you used to roatate information input was handles by 720 floppies

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:57 am