SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

uploaded this yesterday

britfrog

uploaded this yesterday

Post by britfrog on Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:18 am

A pity the available imagery isnt as high as it could be but it still gives a reasonable experience

G-GMDH

Re: uploaded this yesterday

Post by G-GMDH on Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:57 pm

My attempt using Bing..........................some areas have cloud cover..................not good!

britfrog

Post by britfrog on Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Interestingly Mike that video was using p3s 3.35 which i have not been overly happy wirh using photoscenery, it stays a bit blurry, ok the original images were not like i get around the south of France ,

however just tried the same scenery in p3dv4 and it is masses sharper and much better despite being the same fiiles, and what is more impressive is i am getting an extra 30 fps using the same a/c same scenery

it does appear that v4 on the strength of this is the way to go, if one decides to stay with fsx compatible stuff.
    britfrog

bing file

Post by britfrog on Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:56 pm

just been comparing the bing file that you sent me Mike, with my 2 year old scan, and it is swings and roundabouts the image quality is the same , some of the bing forests are painted in the ge images have proper trees, the bing image has a water mesh my images have all the sea, bing has clouds , just where you do not want them the ge has no clouds, both have different coloured panes from different scans your bing pic has hotels in the sea mine do not have autogen at all, so it is personal taste really, I have checked today to see if there are better ge scans available but the current ones have some clouds and are not of higher definition than what i have , so i will check back every 6 months and hopefully fall on some better level scans one day

G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:27 pm

Its those clouds that get in the way. I have been testing P3D with my home made auto-gen and if you max the slifders out it produces buildings in odd places. I find running the sliders on “Dense” seems to be OK for most flights.

Pity about the satellite images as it does look a very beatiful island.

Back to the drawing board.............................
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:07 pm

BING SATELLITE IMAGE AS FSET DOWNLOAD CALLED "AERIAL" WITH CLOUDS

BING SATELLITE IMAGE CALLED "BIRDS EYE" NO CLOUDS

So how do we get FSET to download "Birds Eye" images?
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:31 pm

Rikoooo has photo real scenery advertised as..................

Detail of the scenery

This is a superb pack that includes all of the Cook Islands archipelago with resolution 1m/pixel from photoreal images. For FSX & P3D by Tiberius Kowalski

The islands in the scenery are: Manihiki, Nassau, Penrhyn, Pukapuka, Suwarrow and Rakahanga, Aitutaki, Atiu, Mangaia, Manuae, Mauke, Mitiaro, Palmerston, Rarotonga and Takutea.

I downloaded and tested Nassau Island and only see cartoon default scenery?
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:55 pm

britfrog wrote:just been comparing the bing  file that you sent me Mike, with my 2 year old scan, and it is swings and roundabouts the image quality is the same , some of the bing forests are painted in  the ge images have proper trees, the bing image has a water mesh my images have all the sea, bing has clouds , just where you do not want them the ge has no clouds, both have different coloured panes from different scans your bing  pic has hotels in the sea mine do not have autogen at all, so it is personal taste really, I have checked today to see if there are better ge scans available but the current ones have some clouds and are not of higher definition than what i have , so i will check back every 6 months and hopefully fall on some better level scans one day

Try this link for satellite images.....http://gisgeography.com/free-satellite-imagery-data-list/
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:31 pm

G-GMDH wrote:BING SATELLITE IMAGE AS FSET DOWNLOAD CALLED "AERIAL" WITH CLOUDS

So how do we get FSET to download "Birds Eye" images?

"In the Birds Eye shop of course, They are on the second shelf.. Basketball
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:06 pm

[quote="jaydor"]

"In the Birds Eye shop of course,  They are on the second shelf..  Basketball

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:23 am