SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Back 2 FSX SE

jaydor

Back 2 FSX SE

Post by jaydor on Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:43 pm

FSX still takes something to beat it. Have got P3D4, XP11 and Aerofly, but still find FSX hard to beat when you get it running correctly.

A2A C182 with GTN750 installed over France this afternoon:

Note the Red interior:

Basketball
    G-GMDH

Re: Back 2 FSX SE

Post by G-GMDH on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:22 am

I knew you would weaken in the end lol!

I'm more than happy with P3D v3 as it out performs FSX Steam with DX10 fixer on my computer set up.

Last edited by G-GMDH on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:06 am

There is no doubt that it is going to be some time before the other sims can beat the all round experience of fsx. It is bound to happen eventually but as things currently stand I am not inclined to go out and invest in buying loads of stuff (that already works fine in fsx/p3d) in a simulator that has loads of potential. Once that potential is realised in a year or so , then I will make a calculated decision and move.

However we currently have 3 sims offering huge potential, IMHO x plane is at the fore, but has its shortcomings in ATC, AI a/c, and HD scenery, and performance on normal p.c's all things which I am sure will be addressed in the months to come.

P3D v4 is only a slightly improved 64bit fsx, and would be the logical way forward if fsx owners didnt have to re-purchase all their products again if someone can create a program which updates our products so that they will install and work in V4, they will earn a bundle, but at the moment progress in P3D is only slightly quicker than watching paint dry, no i think paint dries quicker, so it will be some time before we see any palpable improvements in P3D over FSX.

Aerofly Fs2 is in many ways the most promising, as progress is evident, but again it is early days, so one must watch their progress.

And as for Flight sim world?  despite their devs doing a world tour, I cannot see it being a serious contender, it has taken them over 2 years to get to where they are but once again it is only 64bit fsx with some mods like P3D , but is further hamstrung by their insistence that all products be sold through Steam and that is simply not going to happen.

So we all wait and hold our breath and enjoy FSX Smile
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:02 pm

As I've not used FSX Steam for several weeks the first connection to the Steam server was to download a shed full of updates, filling up the hard drive again.

That done I fired up my un tweaked FSX Steam (although I am using Steve's DX 10 fixer) to see how it works up against P3D v 3.

I was actually disappointed as the 'illusion' of flyng was interupted by a small number of auto gen trees and buildings suddenly popping into view just under the aircraft or just slightly ahead, this doesnt happen when using P3D.

No flight sim is perfect by any means but for me its P3D v 3 every time as it is a much smoother realistic flying experience.

Naturally there will be people who will disagree with my comments but as  the old saying goes “One mans meat …........”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:20 pm