SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

How secure is your computer?

G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Well I thought I had most things covered with anti virus and malware detection and all seemed very clean with no issues.

What made me suspicious was the fact I could not access my Post Office card account, the web page just froze up, so maybe things aren't right after all?

So just to be extra safe I decided to download Spy Hunter 4 from Enigma Software and ran that. Boy O boy what a shock to find that this new software had detected over 50 malicious spyware which reading the descriptions are able to read all your email addresses, check what your browsing on the internet, slow down your PC plus a load of other stuff.

I recommend you look at this software very seriously.

tony.meredith

Re: How secure is your computer?

Post by tony.meredith on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:35 pm

Before you advertise this programme you might like to do some research, its basically junk!

If you have ESET or Kaspersky AV installed along with Malwarebytes then the odds are you are clean and will remain so unless you download something stupidly allowing it to bypass the aforementioned programmes.

I forgot to add, good luck trying to get rid of it.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-uninstall-spy-hunter-no-matter-what-i-try/63291ff0-ef78-4ea8-8c20-12b30495bb08

Cheers,

Tony
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:44 pm

Hi Tony,

Well I use and have done for many years Malwarebytes and Sophos both tested my PC as clean. When I ran Spy Hunter 4 it found over 50 lots of spy crap which Im more than happy to get rid of. Since the PC is now clean my PO card account works perfectly OK.

Cheers Mike.
    PS I have just un installed it from Win 7 in the normal manner, it was gone in less than 30 seconds. Now to re install it again!

tony.meredith

Post by tony.meredith on Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:53 pm

G-GMDH wrote:Hi Tony,

Well I use and have done for many years Malwarebytes and Sophos both tested my PC as clean. When I ran Spy Hunter 4 it found over 50 lots of spy crap which Im more than happy to get rid of. Since the PC is now clean my PO card account works perfectly OK.

Cheers Mike.

Mike,
    If you want to believe in the programme fine. I'd rather believe the hundreds of folks who found it finds about as many errant programmes as the Tooth Fairy or Father Christmas.

I'm reminded of an old joke from "On the Buses", It may advertise OMO washing powder on the side of a number 9 bus but that doesn't mean the driver will do your washing.

Must go now, have an email from a chap in Nigeria who says I can have a million quid if I give him my bank details. Its a time limited offer I can't miss.

Smile Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:51 am