SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

P3D Version 3 vs P3D Version 4

G-GMDH

P3D Version 3 vs P3D Version 4

Post by G-GMDH on Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:47 am

Admin
    Admin

Re: P3D Version 3 vs P3D Version 4

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:59 pm

I think I am going to sit on the fence a while longer for a variety of reasons
    1) as xp is much heavier on the p.c. i can only get 23 fps, but to enjoy xp fully i will need to invest at least 1000 euros to get the performance that it requires
    2) if i get xp I then have to invest at least 500 euros to get a basic level of scenery and a/c to give satisfaction

3) on the face of it p3d is the cheaper way to go because many of the products we already own (scenery) can be ported over from fsx however a/c will again need to be bought so only 500 euros

4) I have p3d v3 something but the product that made it useable for me was pta and that will not be available for v4 so from my point of view the only benefit that v4 offers me is the larger LOD radius , nothing else that I dont have already, oh and silly lighting, how many fly at night??? you cant see what you are flying over so what is the point?

5) so what will these new products add to my hobby that I do not already get from FSX?? - - - - - - - - bugger all
    in fsx i can fly for hours, i have not had a ctd or memory horn for years , i have a zillion airports around europe that I can fly to and from with impunity, my aircraft work perfectly , so why change ? especially as devs are still making masses of stuff for fsx , after all it is by far still the most popular sim,

if it aint broke ------

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:15 pm