SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

the card hands are being shown

Admin
    Admin

the card hands are being shown

Post by Admin on Wed May 24, 2017 12:41 pm

Well the last card is about to fall in the form of LM p3d at the end of this month but it will be a full release not an early uptake like DTG , which was clearly released early to take some of LM's thunder and clients.
    The LM version also appears to be a 64 bit version of their existing platform with some small performance mods, it remains to be seen if like FSW all existing products will be able to work on it or not but having heard some time ago JV from orbx ,announce that their p3dv4 update would be free it is odds on that everything will port over.
    it will be interesting to see how the bunfight starts at the up and coming flightsim con and to see if and what changes are incorporated in P3D V4
    jaydor

Re: the card hands are being shown

Post by jaydor on Wed May 24, 2017 12:48 pm

AI and road traffic has been super optimised without no FPS impact so you can roads and skies filled to the brim. Forget VAS and OOMs Existing REX can be used.

Prepar3D v4 New Features
    64-bit Application
    Unicode Compatible
    New User Interface Design
    Compiler and SDK updated to Visual Studio 2015
    Regions of updated Airport & Terrain Data
    New 3D Rain/Snow system
    Scripting capabilities (Scenery/Model/Material)
    Dynamic lighting support
    Added PDK functions to draw primitive objects
    Updated Documentation with new SDK and samples
    Support for loading managed dll add-ons
    Support for local SpeedTree wind effects
    New TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP= .cfg parameter for extreme ground texture resolution

Please see here for more Details http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2017/05/114164/
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Fri May 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Have to say from what I have seen so far P3D v4 is monumentally unimpressive in facr i would go so far as to say from all the photos released in the last few weeks of fsw and p3d fsw looks better, however you have to look at say a dozen photos of either product before you come across one that is interesting, whereas with xp 11 nearly every photo one sees makes one go Wow!! seems clear where my future lies Smile

Admin
    Admin

p3dv4

Post by Admin on Wed May 31, 2017 2:37 pm

my quandary is do i buy p3dv4 which is a slightly improved fsx but where i will need to buy again many of my favorite a/c and sceneries, when my fsx does everything I want a sim to do ,at no extra cost
    OR
    do i go xp11 where again i will have to make a serious financial investment to get to where i am with fsx

the main problem that I currently have with xp11 is it is quite clear that my p.c. needs some extra horsepower to do it justice so a double investment is required
    OR
    buy p3dv4 and hope that the worldwide client base find ways of how to get around some of the issues of installing earlier software and that the much vaunted performance improvements mean i do not need to get a p.c. update just yet

in the short term i guess i will watch what happens as the furore of a new product release dies down and people get back on with their lives, only then will sanity come into play to give one a better idea of the lay of the land

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:36 am