SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Flight Sim world gets off to a rocky start but where to now?

Admin
    Admin

Flight Sim world gets off to a rocky start but where to now?

Post by Admin on Thu May 18, 2017 8:58 pm

sadly 70% of the initial buyers of FSW on steam have given a strong thumbs down , some very vocally the greatest problems seem to be fps , well I can remember FSX on launch having the same issues, however less than a week later the team had released a fix that made fsx useable. It now remains to be seen whether DTG listen which they say they are time will tell!
    the remainder of the reports indicate that the a/c seem well detailed but the scenery looks like fsx with orbx, well it  would wouldnt it? after all that is what it is I believe

It still remains unclear to me what buying an early access product gives you , I read it that you have bought the product as it is and will be able to add any updates but will not have access to the finished product having given DTG the benefit of your feedback, to have the finished product you will need to buy it again, i do hope that I am wrong.

[edit]
    12 hours later some of the wiser heads have added their thoughts on steam, I think in short if you want a sim that works correctly it will be wise to wait till the alpha version has at least progressed to the beta or release candidate.

However it has been announced that fsx scenery will not work in FSW, so what does one do go P3D where for the moment the fsx scenery works (it may not in the 64bit version) or are we really at the cross roads ? so do we wait a year or so for DTG to get FSW working correctly with enough third party involvement to make it interesting? likewise Lockheed Martin who also will have a period of shaking down the new sim (longer if it is not back compatible with anything FSX) . It is starting to look like the tortoise (X Plane) is going to win the race, because right now they have a lot of third party involvement and the product is looking really good.
    bunnage59

Re: Flight Sim world gets off to a rocky start but where to now?

Post by bunnage59 on Sun May 21, 2017 8:41 pm

Admin > "sadly 70% of the initial buyers of FSW on steam have given a strong thumbs down"

With respect, are these Steam gamers? Having tried it I can see the potential althouge it dos seem like eary developnet. Whould this sim take phototextures?

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:54 am