SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

C.A.A. NEWS

G-GMDH

C.A.A. NEWS

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:57 pm

Exemption from  the Requirement for Holders  of  FAA  Pilot Licences Exercising Private Licence Privileges to Comply with the Conversion and Validation Requirements of Annex III to Regulation (EU) No. 1178/2011 as Amended.

Whilst  the  BASA  between  the  EU  and  the USA  remains  under  negotiation,  this exemption  enables FAA  pilot  licence  holders  wishing  to  exercise  private  licence  privileges  to  continue  to  operate  in  UK  airspace  without the  need  to  comply  with  the  full  validation  and  conversion  requirements  stated  in  Annex  III  to  Regulation  (EU)  No.  1178/2011  (The  Aircrew  Regulation). This  will  be subject  to  such licence  holders  satisfying criteriaintended  to  provide  the  safety  mitigation  required  by  the  use  of  exemptions  under  article  14(4)  of  Regulation  (EU)  216/2008  (The  Basic  Regulation). The  criteria  used  represent  some  of  those  contained  in the  terms  of  the  draft  proposed  BASA  and  have  been  selected in order to ensure that the requirements both anticipate likely future requirements and may not be considered unduly onerous.

With effect from 8 th April, 2017.
    britfrog

Re: C.A.A. NEWS

Post by britfrog on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:26 pm

I wonder what that means in Inglish ?
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:33 pm

Basic understanding is, if you fry your eggs before 0735 on a wednesday the local postmaster will sing pennies from heaven. Plane enough..
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:54 pm

Here is the full document................... http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/1220.pdf
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:50 pm

it is still written in chinese, and i am not going to spend hours looking up the various amendments etc, i can only presume it has something to do with the huge quantity of US registered small a/c operating in the uk because of the stupid (expensive ) regulations that the CAA chose to levy. to give an example the CAA insist that every annual the prop should be reprofiled this means grinding off loads of good metal for no reason the FAA says if it aint broke leave it alone just file out stone chips, the CAA insist that once the prop chord is below a certain limit replace the blades (24k on our twin) the americans do not insist on reprofiling.

I have both CAA and FAA licenses our bassett was US registered to reduce operating costs and i know of an FAA licensed (english) pilot who was prosecuted for flying freight in a cessna caravan (single engine) at night single crew allowed by the FAA not the CAA, in fact single engine (turbine) operations in IFR single handed have only recently been allowed by EASA but still not by the CAA (who are subordinate to EASA)
    the stories I could tell you about how the caa have operated since the 50's would have stopped any budding pilots from ever bothering with a caa license, now happily it is for the moment being taken out of their hands by the EASA , what will happen after brexit is anyones guess, they will probably ban all flying if they get control over aviation again

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:33 am