SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Windows 10 - Creators Update - Due 11/4/17

tony.meredith

Windows 10 - Creators Update - Due 11/4/17

Post by tony.meredith on Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Guys,
    For those on the Windows 'fast ring' the RTM is now available to download. For those who wish to obtain it via 'standard' RTM release it will begin phased release on 11.4.2017.

Tony

tony.meredith

Re: Windows 10 - Creators Update - Due 11/4/17

Post by tony.meredith on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Microsoft have made the Creator Update available early for those who "can't wait".

http://www.windowscentral.com/you-can-now-upgrade-windows-10-creators-update-early

tony.meredith

Post by tony.meredith on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:40 pm

I can tell from all your comments that you are excited about this new OS release.  Laughing

I was so excited I almost crushed a grape in my hand instead of mouth.

Fortunately I have given away my MS Band 2 fitness devise and have consigned my Windows Phone to 'spare' so don't need to update those. Mr Nadella doesn't like people using MS products and I'm trying to keep him happy.

I can however report that I have updated my computer and all software/hardware is working as it should.

All I need to do now is decide should I switch to a version of XPlanes 11 that doesn't use the Microsoft OS and I can go MS free!
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:15 pm

Thanks, Tony - I guess I won't be rushing to install W10 after all...

And your dialogue, as ever, brought a smile!

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:51 pm

I am running win10 and XP11 with no problems.  If the NSA are sniffin about, then it's just kerosene fumes for them..

I feel a song coming on; "Red Sails in the Sunset"

XP11

tony.meredith

Post by tony.meredith on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:25 pm

jaydor wrote:.........
    I feel a song coming on; "Red Sails in the Sunset"

XP11

As long as you sound like Tom Jones or Ivor Emmanuel or even Aled Jones go for it!

cheers   affraid

britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Have now converted 1 p.c totally to win 10 plus my laptop, and 1hd of 6 in my main p.c. as well but to cover my arse for xp11 have also converted a second hd of my main p.d. to linux its been a busy week!!

tony.meredith

This can't be true!

Post by tony.meredith on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:12 pm

Guys,
    I have had a post that tells me there are problems with the Windows 10 Creator Update. Microsoft wouldn't do that to us, would they Shocked

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-creators-update-user-experience-complaints

There are even rumours that in ten years or less they will have gone!

Could it be due to selling some great mobile phones then abandoning the adopters and killing or allowing to die the few apps that the system did have. Could it be making and selling what was the most feature filled sports/messaging band on the market that unfortunately didn't work well with the Windows Phone it was designed for, (Superb when used with ios or Android). How about the RT Tablet, that would be the one they didn't update the software on and killed off PDQ.

I'm at a loss, has the company been taken over by a bunch of fourth rate politicians, (I believe 3rd rate is as high as they go).

On a plus note I believe they are going to announce a whole raft of new products for home automation and the like. What's the betting it comes with a one week guarantee and a note to say after that time it will no longer be supported.

If you can't laugh at the above you shouldn't be using Microsoft products in my humble opinion.

geek

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:37 am