SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Free Eurpean Photoscenery

britfrog

Free Eurpean Photoscenery

Post by britfrog on Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:21 pm

As some of you know the nice Italian person who created a free Italy scenery has now done the whole of Europe and it is free to download, some of the images of the eastern block are not as good as other regions , but hey it is free !!!

follow this link:

http://italyphotoreal.weebly.com/download.html

I have downloaded about a third of southern France and a bit of Northern Italy so far it has come to 110 gb's !! but I think it is pretty good , i have used France vfr for years and I think that will now get binned, see what you think:

this first pic shows france vfr and the stock fsx scenery

this is the new photoscenery

france vfr

a mixture of both

and just the new photoscenery

france vfr

and photscenery

I have to say though that there are certain scenarios where the France vfr scenery does look better than the photoscenery but there is no doubt the definition of the photoscenery is a higher level than FVFR so you either pays 40 odd euros per area for france VFR  which still has a lot gloing for it or you tie up your internet connection for deveral days and download the whole of Europe for free

so after 2 days downloading i have this area covered

Last edited by britfrog on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    G-GMDH

Re: Free Eurpean Photoscenery

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:02 pm

I have just finished downloading most of Northern France and with my FSET home made now cover it all. Most of the Italian guys scenery is only 2 M per pix resolution but as Nigel says its FREE and with the water mask. By the way he alo offers free autogen for the whole of Europe too. This man deserves a medal in my book. Thanks for posting it again Nigel..................Cheers Mike.

PS. FRANCE VFR DUMPED!!!!!

Current date/time is Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:01 am