SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

FSX, P3D and XP-11 to run on X-Box?

ddavid

FSX, P3D and XP-11 to run on X-Box?

Post by ddavid on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:06 am

Microsoft are developing a new function for their X-Box, called UWP (Universal Windows Platform), which will enable the execution Windows apps, like FSX. See this article from Arstechnica:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/03/how-game-mode-will-make-games-run-better-on-windows/

Interesting, too, that Microsoft is to update W10 to include a Game Mode, where gaming apps can control up to 6 cores, leaving the remaining cores for 'other' programs, thus improving framerates, etc.

Remember - you read it first at SimHaven!

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    britfrog

Re: FSX, P3D and XP-11 to run on X-Box?

Post by britfrog on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:40 am

i updated my laptop to win 10 yesterday as i hadnt updated it for a coons age and the paint was drying quicker than the updates were coming in so bit the bullet and have to say the win 10 on my laptop is considerably different to that in my second p.c
    However I think this games platform thingy will only affect games in dx11 and higher, i could be wrong though
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:44 am

Well, the DX11 aspect might mean DCS World - yesss! bom

Cheers - Dai. Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:51 pm