SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Frame Rates in FSX and SE

G-GMDH

Frame Rates in FSX and SE

Post by G-GMDH on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:07 pm

I'm sure all of this has been tested before and documented in great detail on other web sites however I mention it here to get feed back from forum members on their experiences and greater expertise.

In both FSX and SE versions flying the simple default ultralight over Aberporth, West Wales in my FSET scenery frame rate slider set at 100 in both FSX versions.

I'm running FRAPS and the FPS is shown in the bottom left of the pictures taken in the boxed version of FSX.

The Anti-aliasing ticked in both FSX version kills FPS however with it un-ticked you do suffer a little with jagged edges on parts of the aircraft and airport buildings etc. However the scenery looks perfectly OK.

s?

Going on with further tests I downloaded Nvidia Inspector and used this software to manually change the Anti-aliasing settings. Re-checking my graphics card the Nvidia Inspector had not made the change?

For the other forum members with go fast NASA speed computers it would be interesting to see what readings you can achieve.

Cheers, M
    britfrog

Re: Frame Rates in FSX and SE

Post by britfrog on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:50 pm

mike I confirm your findings i get 150 odd which goes down to 80 odd
    however i still prefer it with antialiasing, dont like sharks teeth Smile
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:25 pm

I can not test at the moment, but I have you tried selecting Antialiasing in Nvidia and leaving it un-ticked in FSX?
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:06 am

That was how I tried it James with AA activated in mvidia inspector bur remember apparently AA doesnt work in dx10 unless you have steve's fixer, so effectively we have 4 progs controlling AA in FSX
    Nvidia Inspector
    FSX
    DX10 Fixer
    Windows

G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:34 pm

Yes I have tried using Nvidia Inspector but it doesn't seem to make any changes. I'm happy with the Anti-aliasing switched ON in FSX and set the FPS slider to 30-36 and this gives very smooth operation on my steam powered computer.

Cheers, M
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:47 am

I use the AA on in FSX-SE, and steve´s fixer as well. tried the Nvides panel a while ago, but I didnt see any real difference.
    Very smooth indeed and only when I´m over really heavy autogen, do I notice that it drops.
    After some testing, I left the fps at 30, and very seldom does it go below that. But all this Jazz depends a lot on pc an settings, so fps is more or less impossible to compare IMHO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:47 am