SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

He's Done It Again!!!!!!!

G-GMDH

He's Done It Again!!!!!!!

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:09 pm

jaydor

Re: He's Done It Again!!!!!!!

Post by jaydor on Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:51 pm

That should cost him is licence unless?
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:28 pm

They'll still let him fly the Millenium Falcon, though!

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:34 am

I am surprised knowing the daily wails reputation for low journalistic content that they didnt say he dived intentionally at the boeing or some equally bizarre reason.
    When you fly into a major airport especially in a light a/c with few or no navaids, you are keeping a much higher level of attention than normal as the work load can be very high, without doubt he was being filtered to land with a/c behind him and with a husky his approach speed would be very slow, maybe it was murky so knowing that he had to identify a large runway ahead and land on the smaller runway to the left he simply misidentified them, easily done, otherwise airliners landing at gatwick would not mistake the emergency runway (taxiway) and land on that, with a shed load of landing aids onboard!!

But who knows maybe he had the same experience as I had many years ago when flying into Geneva , I was flying freight and flying vfr and approaching from the north , you come across a ridge of mountains (sector safe altitude 7500feet ) then they tell you when you are in cloud to report over and descend over point november (which is a roundabout) so once identified you orbit the roundabout and lose 6000 feet !! it doesnt happen quickly. Well on this particular day I had lost height and reported downwind and was heading out to the lake, ATC gave me clearance to do a tight turn and land , whilst on final i could hear a jumbo voicing concerns about my speed and his proximty behind me I also could hear the ATC voice getting higher, but he had given me clearance to land , effectively the jumbo would have to overshoot!!

Knowing Geneva as I did I knew there was a parallel grass runway used by gliders (i kid you not A major airport with glidersw and tugs etc) so informed ATC that I would change my clearance and land on the grass runway, which would have been i guess less than 100 yards to the right of the main runway, there was a palpable exhale of breath from not only ATC but the jumbo as well , and as I flared for the landing I was passed by the jumbo on the runway. needless to say once I had stopped and was taxiing toward the general aviation center both ATC and the Jumbo crew thanked me over the radio.
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:04 am

Better than being caught in the turbulence of the go around, eh?!?

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:32 pm

well I got that wrong big time

see the video me thinks he is in the merde

ddavid

Post by ddavid on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Yep, he will find it difficult to get away with that!

Cheers - Dai. Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:54 pm