SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

About me - new member Zippo2glide

zippo2glide

About me - new member Zippo2glide

Post by zippo2glide on Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:32 am

Hi Everybody,

I am a new member and this is my first post.
    Originally from Nottingham (UK) and now living in Melbourne, Australia for the past 8 years - my wife's career brought us here and my best mate of 50+ years lived in Cairns. He's now back in the UK for the foreseeable future - perhaps he's trying to tell me something.
    Got into flightsim about 2 years ago with FSX and a cheap gaming PC. Oh if only I had done some deeper research. Now I have a custom built PC around an i7 6700k (not yet OC'd), designed and set-up according to the Nick N bible. So, so, so much better. Only interested in GA flying and ultimately want to realise my chilhood fantasy of being a virtual ace spitfire pilot - my dad was in the RAF.
    I have always enjoyed anything associated with flight but could never afford to take powered aircraft or helicopter lessons - my only form of transport for 30 years was a motorcycle. However, I did become a qualified (international rated) paraglider pilot, flying mainly in the Peak District & Long Mynd, as well as Italy, Spain, France and Australia. Completed a number of cross-country flights and attained something I always dreamt of - to fly like a bird or that feeling when as a kid, having dreams of riding a favourite bike down a hill and then flying (downside, waking up to find it wasn't real).
    I love flying in anything but sorry, nothing matches the adrenaline, challenge, freedom and wow/dream factor of paragliding/hang-gliding.
    SCUBA diving at 30m off the edge of a reef with a dropoff to +200m is a bit like flying underwater. Another adrenaline sport I enjoy is downhill snowboarding.
    I guess that probably says something about me.

Cheers
    Zippo
    G-GMDH

Re: About me - new member Zippo2glide

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:52 am

Welcome to the mad house and rest assured your in good company................cheers Mike.
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:58 am

Welcome Zippo, as mike says you are amongst kindred folk as we live all over the world, i live in the south of France Miike in Italy. My Dad was also a RAF pilot , (one of Churchills Few) so I grew up in his footsteps and learnt to fly early on . Like you I like diving, i grew up in the Bahamas and one of my first jobs was taking tourists out to dive on the reffs there. Also like you, have always had bikes , since i was 11 in fact when we never had a car before my wife was 9 months pregnant we still went shopping on the bike, lump and all.
    Always wanted to try hanh gliding or para gliding there are a lot of paragliders here where i live in the Pyrenees, but I think i may be getting a bit old for that , however i still have my bikes to let my hair down.
    You mention Nick N bible please post the link to that as i do not know of it, I have built my own p.c's for around 30 years now but am always willing to learn something new

Well we look forward to seeing more of you, BTW we do fly in a group on the odd weekend mostly over the UK but am currently distributing some scenery of Europe so we can fly to futher countries if you wan to take part let us know

Britfrog
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi Zippo and Welcome. Thanks for introducing yourself - and make yourself at home, mate!

Cheers - Dai. Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:49 pm