SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

KSFO released

Admin
    Admin

KSFO released

Post by Admin on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:02 pm

ok, perhaps not important to us that use european scenery, but have a look at this latest release for x plane and compare it with anything available for fsx that covers the same region, I think you will agree it is bloody good, look at the photos !

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/29166-ksfo-san-francisco-international-airport-and-city/

you want to know what blows me away??

It is a freebie !!!

Mister x produces some great stuff!!!!!!!
    G-GMDH

Re: KSFO released

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:15 pm

I spent a very pleasant hour looking at these pictures and agree that they are excellent. What blows me away with X Plane is that the scenery, terrain and buildings are so accurate based on OSM Data.

When I go back to my FSX Steam even with FSET home made scenery and auto-gen I find runways placed on the wrong headings, water climbing coastlines and it just blows apart the illusion of flying!

Looking to the future my money has to be on XP for any serious flight sim that has access to so much free photo real scenery, accurate terrain mesh and auto-gen, leaving FSX in whatever version miles behind.

Thanks for sharing this link..................M
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:56 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Nigel. Sure looks good.

Downsides (Ha! You knew it!!):

1. I'll need a new machine...

2. Not sure if the helicopter FDE's beat DCS - I know they're better than FSX, with the exception of the DodoSim.

3. No mission engine...

Still, it sure looks good - except for the reflections of the Golden Gate bridge, eh?!?

Cheers - Dai. Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:01 am