SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

PTA ie P3D tweak assistant

Admin
    Admin

PTA ie P3D tweak assistant

Post by Admin on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:47 pm

for those like me that find the colours and shading in P3D to be not as good as FSX, help is at hand
    A freeware program called Prepared3D tweak assistant has been created by Yuri and it is so simple to use yet allows one to make so many changes in the shaders and colours of p3d that for me it has made it useable.

I think any P3D user will find it indispensable having used it once

you can download the program here:  http://1coder.ru/PTA/index.html

Also there are numerous people who have taken it on board and created preset setups so it is only a click away to see some amazingingly different visual aspects from how the a/c appears to any kind of scenery, it does so much it is hard to describe but well worth installing.
    beside avsim there are 2 sites dedicated to creating new prests for this program they are:

Adams site:   http://www.nzfsim.org/index.php?dsp=PTA
    and this site:  http://ultimaterealismpack.weebly.com/

Having shown PTA to 2 members today while we were having a multiplayer session what it looked like, I thought i would draw it to all the members attention

I will post some of my own photos later on.

here is a video that will give you a very rough idea of what can be created, no doubt there are others on YT

Admin
    Admin

some pics using PTA

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:58 pm

here are some pics of my own scenery scans using PTA for P3D, I have to say it makes P3D nearly useable. All they now have to do is allow us to have an LOD radius greater than 6.5 and it will be good

The first photo shows the problem of having an LOD radius of only 6.5 with the blurry housing very close under the a/c

i love how the mountains are blue in this shot

G-GMDH

Re: PTA ie P3D tweak assistant

Post by G-GMDH on Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:03 am

Some good looking pictures there. I tried the free software in FSX Steam but its looking for P3D files and results in error codes.

Not to be beaten I started looking for software which would work with FSX and I list the information here..................

I havent tried any of these as yet but certainly worth looking at and experimenting with.

Cheers Mike.

PS Since watching all 3 videos the only sensible demonstration is the last one using SweetFX showing the differences with "split screen" which look very impressive indeed!

PPS This may help too.... https://kostasfsworld.wordpress.com/2015/05/10/reshade-very-impressed/
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:41 am

must admit i tried sweetfx a year or so ago having seen some promising results on YT , however i seemed to get nowhere fast, yes there were a few promising changes but there were side effects which were not nice.
    plus for every change you had to restart fsx and see if you noticed anything, in the end i gave up as the changes were not as evident as i would like.

The nice thing about PTA is that you can download a single .ini which someone has created, which may change 30 shaders etc and with one reboot see the change immediately, and if you like it you keep it, if not you bin it, and try another, of which there are many available on the net. If you then find one that nearly rocks your boat you can then personalise it by changing only the shaders that you want , so that you arrive at what is perfect for your setup.

G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:31 am

WARNING..................Having downloaded and tried SweetFX with FlightFX it didnt work in my FSX Steam. The FlightFX enables you to adjust alsorts of sliders whilst FSX is running and it would appear to work OK with the boxed version of FSX having watched the YT video.

However after not seeing any changes in FSX Steam I decided to un-install both SweetFX and FlightFX and that's when it totally "ferked up" (this is an ancient celtic phrase) my flight sim. I have been burning the mid-night oil having to remove FSX Steam from my newly built Win 7 PC and downloaded a new copy which took around 4 hours.

What was that old saying that comes to mind after these events, o yes, "If it aint broke dont fix it".

Mike

Last edited by G-GMDH on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:24 pm

I seem to remember having been disappointed with these progs, some bright spark mentioned changing the digital vibrance setting in the nvidia control panel by 5-8% i cannot remember whether one went up or down but it did have some agreeable changes that pretty well replicated what these progs tried to do without ferking up (that phrase again) FSX if you dont like the effect you simply go back to 50% and everything goes back to how it was. It is worth having a go because i had mine setup like this for quite a while but forgot about it when i had the last crrash.
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:15 pm

Start FSX and go for a clear sky flight over landscape at mid day to say 3000'. Pause and open NVidia control panel and select Adjust desktop colour settings, make sure the hue is at zero, then use the Digital vibrance slider either up or down to get a good tone.  Once you are satisfied go for 2% hue then select apply..

But remember this setting will apply to all your viewing, so if you edit photos or paint like me you need to reset back to 50% and 0%.  But write down your FSX setting to apply when using it..

Look at the field under the tail

I have used NVidia selected for use in this one (which I prefer):

G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:42 am

Thanks James for posting this tip, looks a lot easier than mucking about with addon software. Cheers Mike.
    bunnage59

Post by bunnage59 on Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:14 pm

I must say I use a lot of shader addons for prepar3d which really helps with the realsim but these photo textures miss what I like. Can I add buildings and trees?

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:32 am

G-GMDH is fine tuning an automatic program which creates autogen buildings and forests, it is not perfect but it does create autogen that by and large doesnt look out of place. these pics are around where i live in the south of france so the roof tops are the right colour. The interesting thing about mikes prog is that all the houses are reasonably in their correct places and not in the middle of roads as some autogen can be, but there is still the odd fine tuning to do with forests which still tend to walk onto a road as you will see in the enclosed pics. All these pics are taken in p3d using a PTA tweaked shader. for any further info contact mike direct.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:35 pm

impressive

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:22 am