SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Full screen or Windowed mode?

britfrog

Full screen or Windowed mode?

Post by britfrog on Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:23 pm

For as long as I can remember i have always fown in windowed mode, about 3 graphics cards ago it gave better fps because the graphics accelerator drivers only worked in a windowed mode , If I recall correctly, whatever, back then there was little to choose between the 2 modes fps wise.
    and of course using 3 screens it was the only solution if one used flight planning or weather software because full screen blacks out the other screens, this did not happen in FS9.
    So Yesterday I was trying to track down and cure a graphics problem on a bought in piece of scenery, and in an effort to isoate the problem i went full screen, my goodness me what a difference!! i have my screens set at 30fps but as soon as i go full screen I get 60fps, I am sure this did not happen with my 660TI graphics card , why are my fps not held back to 30 fps??
    Answers on a post card please

As much as I like the extra 30fps i suppose i will have to install the flight planners etc in another p.c. or simply be happy with 30fps
    G-GMDH

Re: Full screen or Windowed mode?

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:16 pm

I tested mine this morning and in windowed mode I get over 100 FPS with FSX set to "unlimited" in the graphics section and 30 FPS in full screen mode.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:12 pm