SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Freeware Antonov turbopropliner

donnybalonny

Freeware Antonov turbopropliner

Post by donnybalonny on Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:04 am

I just found this one over at simouthouse. I might install it later today and give it a go.
    It looks very impressive. Being a Beta version, there probably no guaranty it will work and we´ll have to live with the fact its not a totally brainless autoinstall.
    But isnt it more or less so in the payware world. Devellopers selling unfinished Beta products.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/103846-New-FSX-Native-Complex-Aircraft-Antonov-An-24RV
    britfrog

Re: Freeware Antonov turbopropliner

Post by britfrog on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:36 am

great minds think alike DB i downloaded it last night hopefully install it this afternoon, however there are different versions on the russian site i have downloaded 2
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:12 pm

I followed the instructions as pr the SOH post.
    Everything fine and very good looking.
    BUT I find the bird to be heavy and not so interesting to fly.. I have flown other turbopropliners of same size (PMDG J41 and Flight1 ATR) and they were a lot more lively.
    Its also a confusing cockpit layout. I did a ctrl+E start and managed to tune the radios and do a manual ILS approach in absolitely horrible 35 - 40 knot crosswind. I landed safe and without problems. Crabbing and coorrecting just before touchdown.
    The sound is very poor IMHO
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:21 pm

my antivirus blew a raspberry at me when i tried to install it, then the guages didnt install , so sitting back contemplating perhaps waiting for an update. Sounds must be from XP as the XP sounds are pretty poor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:01 am