SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Best addon 2016

donnybalonny

Best addon 2016

Post by donnybalonny on Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi
    Let me hear what your best addon (payware or freeware) for 2016 has been.
    For me it is very easy because there´s one I use all the time and that I cant imagine simming without since I bought it.

So my choice is: Trackhat.
    britfrog

Re: Best addon 2016

Post by britfrog on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:08 pm

Well DB I had not heard of that little gizmo but having seen the froogle sim video i have now added it to my wish list !!

for me the purchase of a gtx1060 graphics card made a slight improvement over the old gtx660ti card and the 6tb external drive will hopefully keep my back ups secure but I suppose i have received the most pleasure from the carenado navajo and the alabeo aztec, which to be honest fly nothing like the real a/c , but they look good and allow me to remember flying the real ones.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:16 pm

Well DB I too had never heard of "Trackhat" however it got me thinking again of some software I had experimented with several years ago called "Camera Mouse". Its main purpose is to be used by disabled people to control a PC mouse however I used it to control the camera view in FSX and it works perfectly OK. That's all you need is a low cost PC web cam and the free software and away you go. So my vote goes to "Camera Mouse".

M
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:27 pm

BTW, you can make your own "trackhat" if you have the time, some wire, some leds and a webcam.
    There are various tutorials on the net.
    As I wrote, its a never go back piece of hardware. I find it to be very boring flying without it. Since getting the hat, I see myself flying more tandem seaters because you can lean over both sides and look down on your favorite maybe homemade scenery. So this year its has been a lot of Realair Scout, Flysimware Fairchild, Iris Pilatus PC-9 and sometimes Dino Cattaneos MB 326 (great freeware jet trainer) But I enjoy the hat in all aircraft.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:09 am