SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

problems with fsx steam

britfrog

problems with fsx steam

Post by britfrog on Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:06 pm

anyone else having problems with fsx steam???/ all of a sudden i am getting bsd 's with memory dumps and / or just a crash to desktop am getting a bit f'ucked off by it mybe time to go back to gold version?
    G-GMDH

Re: problems with fsx steam

Post by G-GMDH on Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:09 pm

Other than the usual updates to Steam which unfortunately fill up my hard drive, mine is still working OK.
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:48 pm

I dont have the problems you describe, but I´m having other annoying issues. Its a very fresh SE install with a max of 30 hours of use and few addons.
    To be honest FSX in all its versions have always been kind of problematic for me and the ones you describe are typical FSX "issues". Very annoying indeed

Right now, my rudder is linked to my yoke AND my pedals. I have checked everything I know of. Autorudder is of course disabled, I´ve calibrated my controlers, Checked Fsuipc settings and calibrated there as well. When taxi-ing I have to stear with the yoke like if it was a car. Evil or Very Mad
    My P3Dv3x is running without any issues and has done so for a good while. So thats where I fly.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:50 pm

Hi DB,

Well I must be very lucky as I have never had problems in both the boxed version of FSX and the new Steam version. However since rearranging my flight simulator I had the same rudder joystick mixture issue. The fix for my PC was to isolate the rudder from the joystick by plugging one into a USB port on the back of the PC and the other into a USB on the front.

Hope this fix works for you too.

Cheers Mike.
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:45 am

Thanks Mike
    I tried your USB trick, but so far no change. I will change around a bit more.
    The problems that Nigel have sounds like the classical FSX crash. In the younger days of FSX the forums were full of stories and guides about what to do. I have suffered heavily from these CTD and they actually made me stop simming for some years. I came back using fs2004 and then P3Dv2 and now I have FSX SE as well.
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:13 pm

I have to say my other drives with fsx are rock solid ever since i installed DX10 it is just the drive with SE that is messing around however I will find the problem and let you know what I find

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:31 am