SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

UPLOADING PICTURES ONTO THE FORUM

G-GMDH

UPLOADING PICTURES ONTO THE FORUM

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:49 am

Uploading pictures onto any forum is not the most easiest of tasks at the best of times. Firstly you have to go to the trouble of setting up an account with someone like Photo Bucket as in my case.

So maybe it would be an idea to set up only one account say for Photo Bucket in the name of the forum and all members have access to this for uploading their pictures.

Its just a thought..............................................

Cheers, M
    jaydor

Re: UPLOADING PICTURES ONTO THE FORUM

Post by jaydor on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:15 pm

I use FSfiles.org @ Aussiex.org free and very simple to use.

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/
    G-MSJC

Post by G-MSJC on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:32 pm

RANT.......

I really do have some sympathy with G-GMDH message and plea.

I am very particular about joining forums and other social media because I question their ability to hold my personal details securely. I now only join through recommendation and even this has caused me problems.

With my inbox now receiving hundreds of spam and malicious emails every day because my email address has been compromised, sold on by disgruntled employees or some other data security leak.

Simhaven is actually my first forum membership. This is because of my fear of my details being shared around the world to people I don't know and have no wish to have any contact with.

Which leads me to my issue. I was unaware that forums require me to use a "third party" website when wishing to upload my images before they could be viewed on the Simhaven forum. I thought it was a case of simply attaching an image to my forum message. These websites require me to register with them, providing my email address.

I own a website and thought that I might be able to bypass this security issue by uploading my images to my own website and then supplying the website ULR into my forum message page. However, for some reason it didn't work. Only the ULR address appeared.

Is there any other way around this? I really do not want to open another "third party" account just to upload a couple of photos.

Many thanks.
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:46 pm

Then FSfiles.org will be the one for you; as you do NOT have to register.  You can still upload as a non member, but live without the bells and whistles.  I often just upload without login in..

hope that helps subdue the RANT... Smile  Smile

PS the bonus is that Jay Kae who owns the site does not allow adverts so no 3rd party intrusion.. Smile
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:53 am

G-MSJC
    I will advice you to make 1 or more extra mail adresses.
    I have my work mail, my semi-serious mail (thats what i use for FS stuff) and a spam mail for things like photobucket etc.

That way i have been able to keep my work mail almost spam free for 7 - 8 years.

I would very much like to be more open about who I am, what i do etc, but my internet experience tells me that its not a good idea.
    But that said, my username here, is what I use in all FS communities, so I can be traced and people will know about my FS "fame" if they want. (I am on a few peoples hater list) Very Happy
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:12 am

Thanks to one and all for your feedback. I didn't know that you could use FSFiles.org without registering an account which I did at the time because the home page gave that impression. I also have an account with Photo Bucket.

So how do you delete your account on these systems or can you?

Cheers, M
    G-MSJC

Post by G-MSJC on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:24 am

donnybalonny wrote:G-MSJC
    I will advice you to make 1 or more extra mail adresses.
    I have my work mail, my semi-serious mail (thats what i use for FS stuff) and a spam mail for things like photobucket etc.

That way i have been able to keep my work mail almost spam free for 7 - 8 years.  

I would very much like to be more open about who I am, what i do etc, but my internet experience tells me that its not a good idea.
    But that said, my username here, is what I use in all FS communities, so I can be traced and people will know about my FS "fame" if they want. (I am on a few peoples hater list) Very Happy

Yes, I have many email address that have been setup for specific reasons. In fact as I count them now, I have 16 (and loads I don't bother with anymore) which is why I don't want to increase that number. However, as jaydor suggests, with FSFiles.org I won't need to setup an account, this sounds great and fit for purpose.
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:40 am

G-GMDH wrote:Thanks to one and all for your feedback. I didn't know that you could use FSFiles.org without registering an account which I did at the time because the home page gave that impression. I also have an account with Photo Bucket.

So how do you delete your account on these systems or can you?

Cheers, M

Sorry, can't help there. But I think they are all like facebook, hooked and trapped forever.. Sad
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:11 pm

Yes thank you Jaydor for your reply it sounds I'm trapped forever, happy days!

Cheers, M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:37 pm