SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

P3D 3.4 - FSEarthTiles - Water Mask issues

Darrylacw579

P3D 3.4 - FSEarthTiles - Water Mask issues

Post by Darrylacw579 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi everyone,

I have followed the video directions to a T, and I am getting block grey water tiles on the water, in some areas...can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

I have created water mask layer in the image and mask files, created the red area todelineate the water area, copy the red area to mask, anchored and flattened, and then sent the maskinfo file to resample to create my bgls, and yet..i still get some areas that are not covred by water.  Is there another colour I should be using since its P3D and not FSX, or something else that I should be doing?

Confuddled!

Darryl
    G-GMDH

Re: P3D 3.4 - FSEarthTiles - Water Mask issues

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:04 am

Hi,

If the water is missing from the satellite images and showing white and some black too, you have to photo edit these areas with a colour of water, I use a dark blue to match the Rex water in my FSX Steam version. You then cover these areas in the water mask satellite image with the orange/red colour and then re compile to make the bgl file.

I have just done this with France which you can view here...

Its worth pointing out here that I have been using a free art software called IRFANVIEW which is extremely cleaver in bucket filling directly the "pink" water mask satellite images saving loads of time. Download link is here
    http://www.irfanview.com/

Cheers Mike.
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:28 am

Just want to add, that there´s no difference in using photoscenery in P3D or FSX. In this and most other aspects the sims are identical.

I have used my homemade photoscenery in both FSX-SE and P3Dv3x and no difference

Besides what Mike just wrote, make sure that the lines you draw are ABSOLUTELY closed no little holes which can hardly be seen. If thats not being respected, then you will get greyish squares in the water.

All that said, I made my water masks in a different way but that shouldnt change anything.
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:24 pm

Hi Darryl and welcome to the madhouse forum!

Could you a post screensot (or 2) to show what you mean? Thanks.

Cheers - Dai. Cool

Darrylacw579

Post by Darrylacw579 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:34 pm

Ok, good advice. Thanks

One final question I did have was regarding NIGHT and season masks...am I supposed to carry out the same process of copy / paste the RED area to all those MASKS also...to define the WATER around the seasons...or not?

Darrylacw579

Post by Darrylacw579 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:43 pm

Darrylacw579

Post by Darrylacw579 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:44 pm

OK, I think ive sorted the grey tiles that I had issues with - I pained a BLUE /BLACK dark colour like the SEA..which seems to have worked, but now i see some other parts of scenery coming through...can you see that...on the outskirts of the island TNCC? This is harder than I thought.

I didnt use a RED this time, I just took the dark black color up to the sea bed blue that was on there and this is how it turned out?

Darrylacw579

Post by Darrylacw579 on Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:51 pm

Heres where im at, and what ive done, and yet this is how it looks in P3D...any know where im going wrong or what im not doing?

D
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:00 pm

Re your lower image of coastline - be better if you had a top-down view and were a bit closer to see more detail? Thanks.

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:35 pm

Hi again,

I can see from your pictures the "mistakes" that you have made, your not alone, as we have all done this using FSET for the first time. Download IRFANVIEW and will chat later. Cheers Mike.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:51 am