SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

30 GB TRANSFER

G-GMDH

30 GB TRANSFER

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:06 pm

Found this in my searching of web sites and looks a go for transferring scenery packages etc 30 GB AT HIGH SPEED FREE with no sign up or software downloads. Mike.
    britfrog

Re: 30 GB TRANSFER

Post by britfrog on Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:40 am

good find mike, we can transfer 15gb's with google will have to compare speeds

my problem is not the download speed but the throttled back upload speed that i have to endure
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:47 am

In fairness to FILEMAIL their speeds are extremely good the limiting factor is my capped upload speed of only 500 KBS my download is 7 MBS.

So as a test, transferring 9 GB will take 45 hours and it does upload at 482 KBS which is slightly under what my internet provider allows.

Here is a calculator to check data transfer times..... http://www.calctool.org/CALC/prof/computing/transfer_time

Cheers Mike.
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:38 am

thanks for that mike my upload speed at best is 800kbs so only marginally better than yours, this is set specifically by the suppliers so that big companies that transfer big files pay for it, i am going to investigate whether it is governed by my router or supplier
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:47 am

Unfortunately for all of us Nigel it is governed by our suppliers. When we had our 5 G microwave system installed the engineer ran an initial test and it gave 100 MBS up and down, crazy speeds. After a phone call to the engineer at the other end of the wireless link the speeds were then capped at 500 KBS up and 7 MBS down. I find the whole thing bazaar as to upload my 9 GB of France took over 50 hours. If that was done at 7 MBS it would have taken less than 3 hours. To me the suppliers are not playing ball, is it to their advantage tying up the server for over 50 hours or 3 hours? You are correct that the big boys wanting the 100 MBS upload are paying through the nose for it. Cheers Mike.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:54 am