SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

FS Earth Tiles HELP

peacefarm

FS Earth Tiles HELP

Post by peacefarm on Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:12 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm back to using FSET after a hiatus from simming. I'm new to version 1.30 and have a few questions:

1. How am I able to compile large areas? More specifically, how can I manage what I have already created and looking to complete? I've read about the using Google Earth and KMZ files, but yet to fully grasp the process and concept. I would be wonderful if I was able to draw polygons and have those areas developed by FSET or something along those lines.

2. I'm only doing US scenery and have only one working service (virtual earth). I've exaustively searched the net for other working map services like Yahoo etc, to find them outdated. Would someone please be kind enough to supply me at least one other service as Virtual Earth has a lot of coloration issues in certain regions in the US?

Thank you very much in advance!

-peacefarm
    G-GMDH

Re: FS Earth Tiles HELP

Post by G-GMDH on Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:16 am

Hi,

If its only the USA you are looking to make photo real scenery why not save yourself a shed full of work and download it from "Blue Sky Scenery" who have already done the hard work and added the airports and airfields.

Here is their web site link http://www.blueskyscenery.com/

However if you like hard work PM me with your email and I will send you a working FSET folder for both Google Earth and Bing satellite services.

Mike.

peacefarm

Post by peacefarm on Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:34 am

Thanks, Mike! PM sent.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:53 am

I'm sending the complete working FSET to you by We Transfer. If you need further help just shout!!!! Cheers Mike.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:31 am