SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

CONFIGURE YOUR ROUTER FOR "JOINFS" MULTIPLAYER

G-GMDH

CONFIGURE YOUR ROUTER FOR "JOINFS" MULTIPLAYER

Post by G-GMDH on Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:38 pm

Having spent many many months trying to configure my router and burning the mid-night oil and drinking loads of tea I was almost at the point of giving up!!!!

Then came along "JoinFS" software courtesy of Peter Memmott which does away with using the multi-player within FSX and is a stand alone system which connects PC to PC directly so you can use your FSX, FSX Steam and or P3D in free flight mode. You can download it from here http://pmem.uk/joinfs/index.html

Initially I could not get this to work correctly but with Peters help from the UK and ATC Roo in USA, today I have it up and running, thanks also to Nigel for being there to carry out the connection tests.

So for those of you that want to have a go, this is the way I got it to work...............

1. Firstly you need to find your PC internal IP address not your external internet IP. To do this PRESS the Windows key on your keyboard and then R. This will bring up a command window and PRESS OK.

Then type in ipconfig and press ENTER. This will then list several lines of information you are ONLY interested in the IPv4 address and make a note of this number.

2. Go to https://portforward.com/ and search for your router type. On this page under STEP 4 you have to answer the 2 questions 1 is Flight Simulator X and 2 is your IP address which you made a note of earlier.

3. It will then list about 8 or so "Service Ports" and you have to add these into your router under "Port Forwarding". Generally you can access your router by entering into the top line of your web browser 192.168.0.1 and PRESS ENTER. The default user and password for gaining access is admin. Then look for "Port Forwarding" or its some times called "Virtual Server" in the list within your router. Select this and then add the ports to open and forward.

4. As an example of the "Service Ports" you have to open and forward....... 3783, 6073, 6500, 6515, 6667, 13139, 23456, 27900, 28900, and 2990 to 2991.

This looks a bit long winded but its worth the effort and once set up will work every time.

Good luck.....................Cheers Mike.

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:39 am