SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

FREE AUTOGEN

G-GMDH

FREE AUTOGEN

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:38 pm

Fresh Scenery Autogen adds fresh, accurate scenery and structures to your photo-real satellite/aerial imagery for Flight Simulator X, Flight Simulator X Steam Edition, and Prepar3D™.

Sourced from multiple high-resolution data sources and always-up-to-date OpenStreetMaps data, you'll get the most realistic large-scale simulator experience possible. Fresh Scenery products are also completely free. Enjoy!

http://freshscenery.com/

PS I downloaded and tested West Wales and flew out of EGFE, Haverfordwest, and only saw 2 or 3 buildings in auto-gen and they were hollow so not that impressed with what I have seen so far?
    britfrog

Re: FREE AUTOGEN

Post by britfrog on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:22 pm

woorth looking at if it reduces the hours spent downloading and creating photoscenery
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:39 pm

Gave up on UK so tried Italy, not perfect but it does add some realism to low level flying. These pictures over Casteliogne del Lago at Lake Trasimeno. This guy has worked extremely hard at all of this and from my limited experience of creating only trees for auto-gen he has burnt a lot of mid-night oil and drank gallons of coffee so a BIG THANK YOU to http://freshscenery.com/

ddavid

Post by ddavid on Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:01 pm

Good catch, Mike. Will their Autogen work for any photoscenery (i.e. DIY)? Their website mentions compatibility with JF's [VFR] Real Scenery - I guess if the agn files have the correct name (and are stored in the right texture folder) then they should be O.K. with Horizon etc?

By the way, what's that ship doing in your third screen shot?

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:21 pm

Its ALL good news Dai as this guys auto-gen will work perfectly OK with our home made FSET so a great addition for all of us with photo real scenery. The files are simply the normal AGN files contained in a texture folder so you just add it in the normal way to your home made scenery folder.

You got me foxed for awhile as I had to study the picture for a few minutes but agree the buildings do look like a ship in that shot!!

Cheers Mike.
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:04 pm

So, inspired by this thread, I fired up Fset for the first time in maybe 9 - 10 month and did some switzerland 1m/px, 80% compression and downloaded some of the "freshscenery" freeware autogen.
    Very good indeed. I will make another screenie one day when I'm over a city.

BTW, I really like this freeware AC, so thanks to Nigel for pointing me to it.  :-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:02 am