SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Monitor not working, dont panic!

britfrog

Monitor not working, dont panic!

Post by britfrog on Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:26 am

Last night came back from walking the dogs and the p.c. had gone to sleep (normal) however when i moved the mouse the p.c. didnt wake up , Shocked so rebooted the p.c. and to my horror one screen worked but in stock VGA mode and the other stayed black, Shocked with the message display port no signal or similar. I quickly restored the one working monitor to have the correct resolution but nothing on the second. As the current graphics card only has one of the old fashioned connectors, i replaced the card with the old one and hooked that up with 2 of the old cables and both monitors worked correctly. Phew!!at least I dont need to buy a monitor i thought, so what caused the problem? i replaced the old cable with the new display port cable and once again the monitor stopped working. AHA! the cable is faulty I thought so went to bed with the intention of buying a new cable today. This morning went through the pantomime again just to be sure that the only thing it could be was the cable, also checked the settings in the bios because that had flashed up a warning that the motherboard had been overclocked too much, but could find nothing incorrect. then thought i would look on google to see if anyone else had the same problem and VOILA someone had experienced exactly the same as i and had solved the problem by going into nvidia control panel and ticking the display port box. It could not be that easy I thought but it was! 4 hours of head scratching and all i needed to do was find a box and put a tick in it. Rolling Eyes
    Another lesson learnt!!!
    jaydor

Re: Monitor not working, dont panic!

Post by jaydor on Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:03 pm

A tick in time saves a lot of dosh..

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:08 pm