SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

P3D and SpeedTree

britfrog

P3D and SpeedTree

Post by britfrog on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:28 pm

could not help but notice that the new version 3 is speedtree compatible, which to some may be interesting, I wonder if Orbx are going to bin their volumes of trees that they use in their excellent airports? I doubt it

but it does beggar the question if they continue to make P3D more like a game they may well be steeping on the toes of dovetail who are apparently using unreal engine 4 for their new sim

How do you feel this will affect our simming when we fly at 3000 feet or more? when you have waving trees below you using up valuable VAS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3&v=67RX0lb13_w
    ddavid

Re: P3D and SpeedTree

Post by ddavid on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:25 pm

Cross wind landings will be more exciting! Branches blowing across the tarmac...

My old quad PC hardly manages 25 fps with some helicopters so 'speedtree' may not be an option.

Thanks for the heads up, Nigel - some of those games look good - well, better than watching paint dry, which is what I've been doing a lot of recently!

Cheers - Dai. Cool

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:25 pm