SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

How to make reservoirs in FSX default scenery - video tutorials 1 and 2.

ddavid

How to make reservoirs in FSX default scenery - video tutorials 1 and 2.

Post by ddavid on Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:28 pm

Want to improve on FSX's rendition of reservoirs? In Part 1, Google Earth is used to make an Exclusion Rectangle KML to remove the existing lake from the FSX scenery. Then we use the FSX_KML utility to convert this KML into a BGL file for FSX. Next we create a new scenery folder in FSX for the BGL and, lastly, test that the reservoir has been excluded.

In Part 2, Google Earth is used to make an Exclusion Rectangle KML to remove the existing lake shorelines from the FSX scenery and then the water body pathway KML's for the Upper and Lower Edersee Lakes. Then we use the FSX_KML utility to convert these KML's into BGL files for FSX. We install these BGL's into the Edersee scenery folder in FSX and, lastly, test that the reservoir has been successfully created.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers - Dai. Cool

P.S. Original post edited on 25Nov16
    ddavid

Re: How to make reservoirs in FSX default scenery - video tutorials 1 and 2.

Post by ddavid on Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:36 am

Guys, I've bumped this post as I've added Tutorial 2, which completes the set. Thanks.

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:42 pm

Thank you for your very professional tutorials, another one under the belt. Cheers Mike.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:47 am