SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

FPS surprise in P3D

britfrog

FPS surprise in P3D

Post by britfrog on Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:08 pm

last night whilst testing the new Girona scenery in fsx For some reason or another I thought i would do a direct comparison with P3D, and the results were a big surprise
    In FSX the cockpit view looking at the airport gave around 28fps the external view with the airport in the back ground gave 38 fps, and the exterior view looking away from the airport gave around 48 fps.
    so using the same a/c and the same scenery P3D gave 10fps more in each of the same views ( ie 38,48,58 fps )
    this was using also the same texture max load of 4096 and LOD radius of 4.5 and autogen at half way

the only disappointment is that photoscenery doesnt look as good in P3D as it does in FSX

it is worth noting that ai traffic also reduced fps by 10 if set at 30% compared with no ai traffic
    jaydor

Re: FPS surprise in P3D

Post by jaydor on Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:19 pm

Interesting!
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:42 pm

britfrog wrote:

... the only disappointment is that photo-scenery doesn't look as good in P3D as it does in FSX ...

In what way? Colour or poor definition? More input!

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:37 pm

I will take a few photos Dai, that will show it better than I can explain it

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:22 am