SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

P3Dv3 out tomorrow.

donnybalonny

P3Dv3 out tomorrow.

Post by donnybalonny on Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:38 am

So, there´s a new P3D comming out tomorrow.
    It has to be purchased and its 32 bit.

I bail out.
    jaydor

Re: P3Dv3 out tomorrow.

Post by jaydor on Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:23 am

DB, you are doing the right thing bailing out. I think 64Bit is light years away yet.. Sorry .. Sad
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:08 pm

It has to be bought??? this makes it a mockery! so those that bought version had to buy 2 and now buy 3?? ridiculous !!
    like you DB i no longer find it that interesting it is at best only slightly better than fsx se but needs a much more powerful p.c.
    If you are right this is where i bail out as well
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:20 pm

just been reading the reams of bug fixes they have done, none of which I have experienced

and have to say the 2 lines that interested me were the reduction of VAS but they dont say by how much and the increase in performance by working with the shaders again no indication of by how much.

this is one old codger that is going to sit on the fence and see what others make of it, however if they expect me to shed out another 199 bucks they can go whistle
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:33 pm

I will keep my P3Dv2.5 It works very well.

Remember that I dont have FSX box. I threw it away. My pc and I hated it right from 2006, so it was a 2- 1 win and out it went.
    I now have FSX-SE DX10 and its what FSX box should have been. I dont like the Steam thing and it may go in a wrong direction. What Orbx and Steam is doing is not my cuppa tea. I dont care right now, but it could end up with more devellopers going that way.

P3D is the prettiest. No doubt. Especially cloud textures. Where HD cloud textures look square and artificial in FSX, they look gorgeous in P3D and fog etc is very nice.

But in the end its just a flightsim and I cant stand all these "new-religious" types that populate various P3D forums. Its like those that get all winded up because they have the newest version of Windows. zzzzzz Twisted Evil
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:32 pm

P3D ain't a game, is it? The 'educational licence' explicitly excludes entertainment.

I'll be happy to buy into P3D when:

1. 64-bit

2. Sim Director works (for making missions)

3. Lockheed Martin sell it to a real developer (!)

... I should live that long, eh?!?

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:07 pm

donnybalonny wrote:

But in the end its just a flightsim and I cant stand all these "new-religious" types that populate various P3D forums. Its like those that get all winded up because they have the newest version of Windows. zzzzzz Twisted Evil

I have to hang my head here because i have been on the m.s. windows "beta" team since before vista days, however having said that i only have win10 on one out of 6 hard drives the rest have win7 , and that is the drive with P3D in an effort to get better performance out of it

plus it gives me the chance to "play" with it before it becomes obligatory to use it in a few years time
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:06 pm

Thats of course ok.
    Nothing wrong with having the newest as long as you dont get all winded up because of that. And you are not like that Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:15 am