SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Scenery of England

FlightSimmer17

Scenery of England

Post by FlightSimmer17 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:04 pm

I'm currently in training, at this present moment I am using VFR Horizon on P3D V3.3 for my scenery, from what I have seen browsing the website some of the photoscenery created is very beautiful and detailed.
    I am asking to find out if anyone may have in their possession, scenery for England already created to that detail that I would be able to download. If not do you know if something like this is aready in the process of being developed.

Regards,

FlightSimmer17
    G-GMDH

Re: Scenery of England

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:46 pm

FlightSimmer17 wrote:I'm currently in training, at this present moment I am using VFR Horizon on P3D V3.3 for my scenery, from what I have seen browsing the website some of the photoscenery created is very beautiful and detailed.
    I am asking to find out if anyone may have in their possession, scenery for England already created to that detail that I would be able to download. If not do you know if something like this is aready in the process of being developed.

Regards,

FlightSimmer17

Hi, Why not have a go at making photo real scenery using FSET, its a lot easier than you think. The results using Bing satellite images are better resolution and quality than the VFR Horizon your already using. You mention England any particular area/s in mind? Cheers M.

FlightSimmer17

Post by FlightSimmer17 on Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:12 pm

Hi M, thank you for the quick reply much appreciated. I will have a look online, are there any tutorials you would recommend that would give me a good understanding of how to use FSET. Ideally I was lookiing for the whole of England but if I have to make the scenery I feel I might be underestimating how big of a task that may be.
    Cheers FS17
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:55 am

I think Mike here knows how big a task it is , i think so far his uk and ireland is some 600gbs!!
    however and I could stand corrected , that is at 1 definition , I think you could double that file size if you wanted what we loosely call HD
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:59 am

FlightSimmer17 wrote:Hi M, thank you for the quick reply much appreciated. I will have a look online, are there any tutorials you would recommend that would give me a good understanding of how to use FSET. Ideally I was lookiing for the whole of England but if I have to make the scenery I feel I might be underestimating how big of a task that may be.
    Cheers FS17

OK lets start at the beginning, please send me a PM with your email and I will We Transfer the FSET working software to you. Once you have it, if you have access to Skype, I can give you an on line tutorial and get you making scenery faster than you can ever imagine. Yes Britfrog is correct I have done ALL of the UK and Ireland plus other stuff and its about 600 GB!!!!!!!

hyrons

Post by hyrons on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:24 pm

Mike

Do you have a KML file for uk you can share? i have mapped wales so far, man it takes time. i have tried to look around the net for inland water ways and coastline files but noting usable.

Cheers

Rob
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:31 pm

Sorry Rob I have no KML files as I have never used them cheers Mike.

hyrons

Post by hyrons on Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:55 pm

Wow that must have taken forever, kudos for the commitment. i shall upload my file when done for others. if anyone else is make them please let me know so we can combine the files for others.

Cheers

Rob

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:00 am