SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Manfred/Visser C-47 V3 Beta Released

Admin
    Admin

Manfred/Visser C-47 V3 Beta Released

Post by Admin on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:18 am

Jan Visser announced today that an upgraded version of Manfred Jahn's popular freeware Douglas C-47 for Flight Simulator X and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D is now available with an authentic vintage virtual cockpit and other improvements. A version that drops paratroopers is included.

Under development since late 2013, the v3 beta release includes various external model upgrades including detailed 3D engines; a new flight model; new cockpit and engine sound sets; and a new interactive checklist with optional audio callouts. The development thread at sim-outhouse.com has accumulated over 1800 posts and 480,000 views.

"Without a dedicated team of volunteers," Visser said, "this aircraft would never have gotten off the ground. Manfred's new monitor panel and checklist, Ted 'Tufun' Wolfgang's engine and cockpit sounds, and Daniel Gauthier's crew communications and interactive checklist are highlights, but many people cooperated to make this extraordinary aircraft available."

The developers are located in Australia, Germany, The Netherlands, Switzerland, and the United States.

This release is a public beta. Some features, like cockpit night lighting for FSX users and an interactive on-screen checklist for FSX and P3D, will be added soon in updates. Skins from v2 are compatible, but will require minor modifications to take advantage of enhancements. A paint kit and new bump map skins will also be available.

available here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34
    ddavid

Re: Manfred/Visser C-47 V3 Beta Released

Post by ddavid on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:35 pm

Great news - thanks!

Cheers - Dai. Cool

vouxcroux

Post by vouxcroux on Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:40 pm

I'm having trouble getting a 2-D panel to show up. I previously had the C-47 v3.12, and since installing 3.14 I can't get the panels. Help please?
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:11 am

Hi, and firstly welcome to Simhaven, in answer to your question, i have only used the virtual cockpit not the 2d view. I am tied up today so wont be simming but will try to have a look in a day or so howvere it might be worth posting on the simouthouse site to see if anyone else has the same problem
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forum.php
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:29 pm

Hi vouxcroux.

What happens when you click F10? An image might help.

Also, you could compare the Panel file contents of each version to see if there's a change that has this effect?

Cheers - Dai. Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:25 am