SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Glenforsa airstrip, Mull.

ddavid

Glenforsa airstrip, Mull.

Post by ddavid on Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:32 pm

Been playing with Annotator and ADE-160 (not 165, Mike). Here's a quick shot of Glenforsa with Annotatos trees and some default buildings placed with InstantScery:

However, I did experience some problems with ADE-160. Here's a screenshot of ADE-160 showing the grass runway against the background photoscenery image (reduced in size from the FSET original):

Now, the runway looks misplaced both in its centre position and heading. Both these parameters had to be adjusted from the ADE-160 settings against the background image, in order for the correct 'registration' of the runway in FSX. And, yes, I checked the North-West and South-East Lat/Lons! Something funny going on.

Wondered if anyone else had had a similar problem>

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    britfrog

Re: Glenforsa airstrip, Mull.

Post by britfrog on Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:06 pm

maybe they are pre-determining the Scottish referendum and have started to set sail?
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:53 pm

Ah - Mull, the Mystery Island slowly disappearing across the Atlantic...

Ironically enough, when I checked the North-West and South-East Lat/Lons from FSET, I realised that although FSET produces images to the edge of the selected tiles, the program displays the co-ordinates for the user selected area, which is often within the tile, thus giving a misleading (i.e. bl**dy wrong!) set of values for entering into ADE-160. Once I resolved this error (my bad), the registration problem on ADE-160 disappeared.

Here's the FSET area display that I used for Glenforsa (3 LOD-13 tiles):

You can see that I've extended the user selected area to the very limit of the tiles and, therefore, the displayed NW/SE Lat/Lon co-ords are (much) more accurate - for further use in ADE-160.

Now you know...

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:42 pm

Hi Dai,

Only now catching up with this post having deleted ADE 165 and downloaded the new version ADE 170. In all my use of ADE 165 and building various airfields the runways are usually out of true and you just have to re-align them using ADE. Looking at the satellite image in GE the RW is marked 08 and 26 and in Bing 07 and 26? Cheers, Mike.

PS You mention placing default buildings using Instant Scenery, what is this please as the cottage looks very realistic?

PPS. Just noticed from your photograph that you have FSET "AREA SNAP" set to LOD 13, I always have mine switched OFF. Also when making an airfield I always make a new scan using FSET of just the airfield area and use this smaller image for ADE with the centre,  top left and bottom right co-ordinates. Hope this helps?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:20 pm