SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Autogen trees and buildings with Annotator

ddavid

Autogen trees and buildings with Annotator

Post by ddavid on Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:24 pm

Since Mike's original intro to Annotator - Thanks, Mike! - I've been trying it out a bit more...

First, with trees. Here's the Annotator screen with various trees/shrubs for Glenforsa (Mull):

and here's what it looks like in FSX:

Then I tried some Row Houses - this is Annotator again. The coloured rectangles are where the Row House autogen will be placed:

and here's the result in FSX:

Notice that the autogen Row Houses are chosen from the Regionalised autogen buildings by the FSX engine. You can influence - and I use the term loosely! - the number of floors of the autogen's buildings and that's about it.

If you want specific buildings - or trees/shrubs - then I think you have to place them by hand as scenery objects. I'm not 100% sure of this as Annotator has so many wrinkles that it's going to be a steep learning curve...

Thanks again Mike - you were right, this bl**dy photoscenery is habit forming...

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    britfrog

Re: Autogen trees and buildings with Annotator

Post by britfrog on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:37 pm

its a pity that one is restricted to the stock buildings, i may be wrong but I seem to remember coming across a load of free buildings somewhere that replace the stock ones, but thanks Dai for once again removing the mysteries of how easy it can be to place buildings

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:56 pm