SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Hello! A little introduction for my first post.

martinlest2

Hello! A little introduction for my first post.

Post by martinlest2 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:42 am

Hi,

I've been a 'flightsim nut' since FS2000, and look forward to exploring and interacting with this site. I am not alone in looking for alternatives to certain well-known forums, where moderators delete and close politely worded posts, simply because the views expressed do not accord with their own. I also deplore the feeling that rudeness and bad manners are OK on such forums, simply because of the anonymity of the medium, and look forward to friendly discussions with people, like me, who have a long, long history of flightsim experience.

There doesn't seem to be an FS9 forum however? As I fly 99% FS9 and only 1% (I guess) FSX, that might limit my contributions?

Best wishes to all,

Martin
    jaydor

Re: Hello! A little introduction for my first post.

Post by jaydor on Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:04 pm

Welcome Martin,

I seen how despondent you felt at you know where that I sent you the link for here.

We are a lot less political on this site and more forward looking with enjoyment of the sim. It does not matter if you are with FS9 or any other. Enjoyment and interaction is the name of the game here. I am a painter, yet lot's of others are into creating photoscenery, So just join in and relax..

James (jaydor)
    martinlest2

Post by martinlest2 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:04 pm

Thanks James. I've bookmarked the home page here..

I guess I'll just post FS9 stuff in the FSX forum. Hope no one shouts at me or deletes my posts!  Razz

You might want to check back to see what they've done to my thread over on the 'other site'. My account has been locked so I can't post there any more. No big deal as I'd already said I wasn't adding anything else to the site. What an unpleasant guy he is.

Anyway, no more of that here...

M.
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Hope you enjoy our company..  

I look forward to your FS9 contributions as I have never used it..

britfrog

Post by britfrog on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:10 pm

Hi, and welcome to the nuthouse, I wont go into your dislikes of the old place except to say we all here understand and agree with your sentiments, it was once a great place to visit now it is a great place to leave,
    Nuff said
    All ,if not most of us have all come from fs9, and I still believe that at times the a/c look more realistic than fsx, so dont talk down fs9 it is a good product, i have to get back in my mind set to when i firdt took fsx onboard, i was not convinced that it was better than fs9 , and perhaps if i still had it i would be better positioned to make a comparison but i have taken a drink from the poisoned chalice and have to live with that, but I am sure to a man here you will not have anyone here , talking down fs9, or as we have all seen on the other side , shouting down a person because they do not agree with you, i dislike enormously that mentality, after all we are all simmers, and love/enjoy the pleasure we derive from our hobby.
    I hope that you will also enjoy being a member here , but remember as in most things the more you put in, the more you will get out of it, so feel free to ask questions, give your opinion on things , whatever, i think it highly unlikely that you will get the same reception here as elsewhere.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:01 pm

welcome, i have been a simmer since, well a long time ago when it all began! welcome to our place! feel free to ask anything , no matter how trivial, we will try to answer you and be rest assured you wont be flamed as in other places that we shall not name, if you enjoy your stay here tell others, if you dont, tell me, complicated isnt it Smile
    martinlest2

Post by martinlest2 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:52 pm

Thanks a lot for the friendly messages: I used to hang out at the 'old place' pretty much every day - I'll come here instead now. I still need to explore and see what kind of posts are already here, but I will certainly try to join in, time permitting, with regular contributions of one sort or another. Take me a while to catch up with the other site - I had over 3500 posts there, but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day! Slowly, slowly does it..

Martin  Smile
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:22 pm

I think , i hope you will see a difference here, we dont bad mouth the competition, some do a good job , others not so, we do not pretend to know it all, there is always something to learn , but what we do know , we are willing to impart to our members, freely, we have all been members of other places , like your old place, but find we are comfortable here, we like to make our own scenery, our own a/c repaints, our own airports, from time to time we fly around in multiplayer and show what fools we are, and at times I give flying lessons to those that feel they may profit from it. we have a wealth of knowledge, however sometimes it takes the grey cell a while to remember things
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:56 am

Welcome aboard Martin you are in very safe hands here and any information about FS9 would be greatly appreciated as I only started with FSX  a few years ago. Cheers Mike. PS Perhaps ADMIN could add FS9 to the forum posting box?

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:42 am

G-GMDH wrote:Welcome aboard Martin you are in very safe hands here and any information about FS9 would be greatly appreciated as I only started with FSX  a few years ago. Cheers Mike. PS Perhaps ADMIN could add FS9 to the forum posting box?

Done!
    martinlest2

Post by martinlest2 on Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:47 am

Hi, and thanks. Yes, I have been flying FS9 as my sim of preference since the day it came out, and I average a few hours flying pretty much every day, so I have amassed quite a few flying hours, over the years! Plus I've been posting about it for some 12 years over at the 'other place'... (still makes me furious when I think how it's gone now: but yes, I need to 'get over it'!). Not that I am saying I am in any sense an FS9 'guru' but I will of course try to answer any questions people post here about it. And, as you see, I still have plenty of questions about it, too!

I also have FSX+Acceleration on the same PC, and even though my current PC will run FSX at high settings with excellent frame rates, I still prefer FS9. I still find it runs a lot more smoothly, especially in full screen mode, than FSX, and in any case, I have spent SO much cash over the years on software for FS9 that, when many of them will either not work in FSX, or I'd need to buy an FSX version, I have no incentive to go over to FSX as my regular sim. I also far prefer the 2D cockpits - I have disabled all the camera angles in FSX, but I don't always get the views I expect in FSX as I switch between them.

I do fly FSX for 'special' scenery - mostly for slow VFR flying - especially when the scenery is not available for FS9 (Aerosoft's Antarctica for instance), but it's FS9 that gets fired up at least 99% of the time.

OK, enough of my MSFS 'Credo'... Very Happy Oh, and thanks for adding 'FS9' to the forum title!!

Thanks again for the greetings...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:04 pm