SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Photoscenery with Autogen Trees

ddavid

Photoscenery with Autogen Trees

Post by ddavid on Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:32 am

Here's some work in progress on getting some trees into photoscenery:

This was achieved by adding Maurizio's blue 'Autogen' to the AreaMask bmp for the photoscenery prior to compiling. Here's the mask:

The screen shot view is taken looking east from the lower left hand corner (looking towards Snowdon).

As I said, it's WIP - not as good as TreeScapes just yet!!

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    G-GMDH

Re: Photoscenery with Autogen Trees

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:22 pm

Excellent work again Dai...........................are you sure you haven't done this before? Smile
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:15 pm

Looks amazing. You are going great guns.. Smile
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:52 pm

you beat me to it Dai , i have been trying to make time today exactly the same thing, but the pool, fish veg plots, etc got in the way
    but it is looking good.
    BTW you must install orbx trees they are much better
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:35 pm

Some further thoughts...

The 'autogen' mask (blue) actually shows the default scenery (with trees, buildings, etc) in the areas allowed by the mask - and not the autogen (trees, etc) itself. For woodland, this isn't so much of a problem, but it does require the mask extent to be carefully defined - as well as taking into account what default scenery (terrain AND autogen) will be revealed.

Compare the No Photoscenery view here with the original post screenshot:

Obviously, the shoreline and 'beach' is different, as are the 'flat' buildings upper left, however, the default terrain is clearly shown under and between the trees - as is the default autogen farmhouse.

So, it's possibly a useful route towards better 'immersion', but it might not be foolproof (aarghh!!).

Cheers - Dai. Cool

P.S. Using the cyan 'transition' mask is under investigation, but doesn't look too clever - yet ...
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:48 pm

I also did a little experiment using BLUE at EGFE Haverfordwest Airfield. I painted over all the trees around the airfield. When flying over the area I could only see the cartoon FSX default scenery with some buildings but no trees. Very disappointing Sad

PS I found this.................................  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_W5_uFv2OY       Its a very long video but if you want to skip to the DEMO it starts around 39 minutes, you can see it working in FSX at 57 minutes.

Software link...... http://www.scenerydesign.org/development-releases/

This software enables you to take GIS information from Street Maps and convert it to Auto Gen for FSX.
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:54 pm

watched some of the video , nearly caught myself cutting my wrists life is too short
    THERE MUST be an easy way! i think the way Dai is going, for me is the easiest and most logical
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:01 pm

These people do all the hard work for us and are not expensive.................. http://openvfr.freyt.de/magento/index.php/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:49 am