SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

BACK TO THE FUTURE

G-GMDH

BACK TO THE FUTURE

Post by G-GMDH on Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:33 pm

Recently in a moment of "inspiration" or was it "perspiration" I decided to re-install "FSX Acceleration, Version 10.0.616370" onto my 500 GB "C" drive as per the software requirements. I run ALL my photo real scenery made with FSET from a separate internal 3 TB "F" drive.

I was able to use the FREE "Super Tweaker" software but didn't really see any big differences whilst flying other than the setting of "Games Machine Spec" which gave the flight stutters and killed the FPS, expected on my low-mid range PC.

I see no advantages or disadvantages between the boxed FSX and FSX Steam.

I will continue to use both and see what the future holds for the Steam version?

Cheers, Mike.
    jaydor

Re: BACK TO THE FUTURE

Post by jaydor on Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:35 pm

I am going that way also Mike.  But invested in a new case that has 5 hot swap bays, so that I can change direct.  I tried those tweakers year's ago but found the best and only way is to only use the FSX settings panel.

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:54 am