SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

MISTAKES IN MY PILOT LOG BOOK

G-GMDH

MISTAKES IN MY PILOT LOG BOOK

Post by G-GMDH on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:10 am

It suddenly dawned on me the other day, waking up and smelling the coffee, (drinking too much tea Dai) that I have been filling in my pilot log book incorrectly.

The FSX log book details the flight times in hours and minutes were as I have been making written entries in fractions, to explain..................

FSX log flight time say 00.45 minutes so I log 0.45 as a fraction which is incorrect as 45 minutes is 0.75 of one hour. So I have gone back through my written log book and had to put an entry explaining my mistake added up all the time fractions and calculated the correction factor, which by the way is 1.666666666666, so 1.67 is near enough and gained over 35 hours.

I'm not alone in this as reading other articles on the internet seems to flag up all sorts of confusion when filling in log books.

M
    ddavid

Re: MISTAKES IN MY PILOT LOG BOOK

Post by ddavid on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:39 am

Doesn't time fly, Mike?!?

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:25 pm

logbook??????

Sponsored content