SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Re-Build Progressing

jaydor

Re-Build Progressing

Post by jaydor on Fri May 20, 2016 9:53 pm

My latest rebuild of FSX Gold is progressing well.  I have got most of my European airports installed with just England and Wales to go.

But before I go any further I have made a full back up onto a portable drive. (just in case)  

Using a portable drive stops windows having any confusion as to which to load, that's as long as the portable drive is disconnected of course..

For Spain alone I have loaded on 18 airports, 8 for Germany (Awaiting the new Frankfurt from A/S will make 9) 5 for France 2 ( Thessaloniki and Corfu)

for Greece plus Moscow (Sheremetyevo), Innsbruck and Faro  Hoping to get Vienna, Zurich and Prague.

I am only loading Heathrow (A/S Mega) for London plus UK2000 Cardiff Bristol Birmingham and Newcastle.

REX v2 for weather.  Aircraft is Aerosoft Airbus A319/320 family only and that I think is as far as I go..

You can see which Airline I have gone for.. Smile

britfrog

Re: Re-Build Progressing

Post by britfrog on Sat May 21, 2016 8:47 am

sounds like a good plan, I also generally reboot the p.c. between installs just in case something is left unreleased that might screw up the following installation. it has taken me nearly 5 months to get my p.c. back to where i was before the xmas crash!,
    However am now considering a re-configuration because i have the same scenery on 3 hard drives (for fsx deluxe, fsx steam and p3d) so am considering putting all scenery on one drive , solelt for scenery and aiming the 3 sims at its location as my scenery files are approaching 1TB

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:08 pm