SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

problems downloading scenery

britfrog

problems downloading scenery

Post by britfrog on Thu May 19, 2016 8:43 am

Is anyone else getting this problem? i am trying to create my region at -2 definition using GEand about every hour or so it throws out and demands a password. However when i put in the correct password it goes back to 1 and i need to download 432 tiles!!
    jaydor

Re: problems downloading scenery

Post by jaydor on Thu May 19, 2016 11:47 am

There's an ole'saying, close all down and reboot? If that don't work then maybe the server you are down loading from is at fault? Sad
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Fri May 20, 2016 9:10 pm

I generally use Bing Virtual Earth as you know although I have used GE for recent projects and never get any problems with FSET not that its much help to you.

What is demanding a "password"?
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Sat May 21, 2016 8:52 am

it has only started happening when i choose to download a large quantity of -2 images and then leave it on overnight, i get up the next day and it says it has requested the next image but it is not forth coming , if i click on the www tag on the bottom right i get a window appear with a box saying install password and next to it is the password , you enter it and it starts all over again downloading the images , about an hour later , the box reappears demanding another password, which it supplies and it starts all over again, most frustrating
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Sat May 21, 2016 9:58 am

Your ISP is not timing out is it?
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Sat May 21, 2016 12:36 pm

it could be James,
    however I have had particular problems in the past with google earth and I think it could be google france putting in the heavy hand, having said that it is downloading properly now since 9am and still going strong. fingers crossed
    it may be that I have asked it to download my whole region, i am now asking it to download smaller strips of 35 images rather than 432
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Sat May 21, 2016 2:37 pm

Fingers crossed and you may be right with smaller lots as again asking for the lot may have been to much for your IPS bandwidth..
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Sat May 21, 2016 4:03 pm

well james so far it seems to be working, now on the second batch of 30 and no hicups fingers crossed
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Sun May 22, 2016 4:09 pm

well I managed to create a strip of coastal scenery about 50 miles long at -2, however having compiled it I have noticed that it is a different season to the 0 scenery GRRRRRH! the ) scenery is summer the -2 is winter . I had hoped to combine the -2 scenery in places of interest and use the 0 in fields and countryside, so that will not work
    I have also noticed that the -2 scenery causes blurries at 200 knots as it clearly requires more time/power to draw the picture, so maybe I shall have to be happy with the 0 scenery7?
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sun May 22, 2016 7:54 pm

I have realized after testing that zero scenery is the way to go on the larger areas with 80% not 100% in the image compression folder and then small islands like Jersey, Malta etc can be done successfully in minus two.But hey that's just my take on it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:38 pm