SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Global Airlines photos

jaydor

Global Airlines photos

Post by jaydor on Sat May 07, 2016 9:13 pm

I felt a little visit to FSX was in order to relieve the bordom here.  So I have been fixing all my paints of the PMDG group.  So here are as follows:

739NGX  I approached Boeing to build me 6 conversions into Cargo Aircraft.

"Global Pioneer" @KLAX

777F

"Global Wanderer" @KPHX

747F

"Global Enterprise" @KLAX

748Fi

"Global Ambassador" @KLAX

748i Passenger

"Global Explorer" @KLAX

Smile
    jaydor

Re: Global Airlines photos

Post by jaydor on Sat May 07, 2016 9:30 pm

Why so many cargo you may ask?  I decided on cargo as I can then fly in or out of any major throughout the world.  I did not want to be restricted to a real brand as I like to go where ever.  Also converting the 737NGX allows for visits to smaller regional's or shorter hauls..

Leaving Heathrow:

Cairns Australia:

Cardiff Wales:

Denver Colorado:

G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sun May 08, 2016 3:42 pm

Some great design and paint work there James, cheers M
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Fri May 13, 2016 4:15 pm

wow those are so effing fantastic mate if you feel like sharing them i would love to have them as well
    great designs mate
    am i glad that you were getting bored!!
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Tue May 17, 2016 4:53 pm

britfrog wrote:wow those are so effing fantastic mate if you feel like sharing them i would love to have them as well
    great designs mate

I am slowly rebuilding FSX but will only be using the boxed version. No FTX on this build as I think that was a lot of my problems. I am not even going down the Global route. Staying virgin FSX with Photo scenery only. Give me time to get sorted here and install skype and we can get back to normal. Yes you can have those Global paints As I saved them all separate on the rebuild.
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Tue May 17, 2016 7:19 pm

jaydor wrote:
    britfrog wrote:wow those are so effing fantastic mate if you feel like sharing them i would love to have them as well
    great designs mate

I am slowly rebuilding FSX but will only be using the boxed version.  No FTX on this build as I think that was a lot of my problems.  I am not even going down the Global route.  Staying virgin FSX with Photo scenery only.  Give me time to get sorted here and install skype and we can get back to normal.  Yes you can have those Global paints  As I saved them all separate on the rebuild.

That seems sensible to me, I do have some ftx airports but I keep them on a separate drive which i use solely for vfr flights, however i havent flown for months on that drive and to be honest have been considering removing it from the p.c.

I use a slightly modified fsx steam version with dx10 fixer, and rex weather, rex 4 with rex soft clouds and almost all my scenery is photoscenery with some nice aerosoft airports and uk2000 stuff and in the uk horizon scenery and france the france vfr , spain the free scenery, italy the free scenery , portugal the free scenery, etc etc

I also have fsx premium as well on another drive but also havent used that for 6 months, it is there in case steam goes tits up, it works perfectly however steam seems to be that little bit better/modern
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Tue May 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Likewise I have removed the boxed version of FSX from my HD and only use the Steam version as it does work very well despite my initial reservations. Good luck with all the re installs
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Tue May 17, 2016 11:42 pm

I will see how this build goes. I have the whole of western Europe in photoscenery loaded as at the moment that's where I intend to fly. I am using only one type of aircraft and that's the Aerosoft Airbus 319/320 Family. As you are aware I also have the whole of the USA in photscenery, but that is not being loaded for now. Also I am not employing to many peripherals just the Thrustmaster Hotus throttle and joystick. No pedals as I can use the slider on the throttle base as the rudder and this really comes into ply when taxiing I am also using the VrIsight FMCU for control and Virtual Avionics on the Tablet for the CDU. Now loading all the European Airports with a few into North Africa and Russia. Photos to follow..
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Wed May 18, 2016 7:06 pm

The simpit is now in it's own dedicated spot in my walking wardrobe, I can now fly night-time in the daytime  Smile

britfrog

Post by britfrog on Thu May 19, 2016 9:28 pm

as i recall you had the pmdg prods they are less heavy on the p.c. than the airbus imho perhaps not the 777 but little by little monkey catchee

I think you may well be facing the same decision i made a few years ago, yes it is lovely to have so many airports worwide ftx aerosoft etc but the ftx stuff is heavy on the system, you may well find as i that it is best to reduce the scope of the world and fly in europe only, yes i know there are lots of airports in america etc but where do you stop? i dont think our p.c's can handle airports and scenery in australia and the the US as well as europe , i may be wrong but imho things get flakey. hence my decision to just fly in europe and i have 2 setups steam and deluxe which allow me to fly as and how i want without probes, yes i do miss some of aussie and certainly some ftx small airports, but it is a small price to pay!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:38 am