SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

A comparison with our Channel island photoscenery and that of ES inc isle of Man

britfrog

A comparison with our Channel island photoscenery and that of ES inc isle of Man

Post by britfrog on Mon May 02, 2016 4:11 pm

yesterday I undertook a flight starting at Jersey with Mikes -1 photoscenery to Guernsey and Alderney where i used the ES simulation scenery. Now when ES released their Guernsey scenery i was quite critical of it as the only thing that resembled Guernsey was the shape and terrain of the island and the harbour. I happen to know Guernsey very very well, so I was very disappointed that none of the roads matched those in reality and they neglected to add famous buildings and towers etc, it sort of looked like guernsey but was not representative of the real island. so yesterday i landed at Guernsey using my standard no autogen settings, I then flew on to Alderney where I changed the autogen to max (so that the airport buildings were portrayed) and went back to Guernsey for another flypast which shows an amazing amount of buildings , trees etc which must have been hand placed, a real labour of love, but it beggars the question --WHY? why not utilise the photoscenery with these amazing creations? why no roads?
    I then went on to the Isle of Man, where they have made a huge step in the right direction, here they used all the major roads and combined them with an incredible array of buildings and vegetation, which was much better, and their airport is beyond reproach, it is as good as anyone can make, they certainly have the colours right there, and one wants to fly at tree top level to marvel at the trees etc

So what are you thoughts?? does the autogen Jarr and reduce the pleasure of photoscenery or is photoscenery missing something because it is not 3D??

leaving Jersey mikes photoscenery

Sark ES scenery with no autogen

Guernsey

Guernsey with autogen

isle of man with autogen

G-GMDH

Re: A comparison with our Channel island photoscenery and that of ES inc isle of Man

Post by G-GMDH on Wed May 04, 2016 10:39 am

MMMM. Looking at your snap shots the "FSX Auto Gen" doesn't do it for me I'm afraid, as it still looks like "Cartoon Land" as I call it, superimposed over the scenery. I'm sticking to FSET home made scenery and I don't think its too far away when we will be able to make our own 3D photo real..........................watch this space?
    britfrog

Re: A comparison with our Channel island photoscenery and that of ES inc isle of Man

Post by britfrog on Wed May 04, 2016 12:48 pm

whilst I do agree with your opinion of the default fsx "toon" autogen I have to take my hat off to ES for their patience In not only creating a load of buildings of their own design, but also hand placing them, along with i have no idea how many, Trees. it gives a nice ambience in the isle of man, but doesnt work , for me , in guernsey.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:46 pm