SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Introduction

keithb77

Introduction

Post by keithb77 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:14 pm

New member here ... lured in by a post at Avsim suggesting you guys were working on new UK photoscenery.

Most of my time is spent in Prepar3D or FSX-SE, generally I keep SE for photo/ESI and P3D for Orbx.
    Also Xplane, DCS and a bunch of others going back to the DOS years.

I've worked on terrain for combat sims a long time ago (Longbow II, FA18 etc) but never had the time to get into FSX scenery.
    I'm best writing code/using spreadsheets rather than artistic manipulation of stuff Smile

Cheers
    Keith
    britfrog

Re: Introduction

Post by britfrog on Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:29 pm

Hi Keith,
    and welcome to the madhouse! whilst some of us here are beta testers and mike has made the whole of the uk and I believe Ireland, we are not code writers so maybe we can help you do some stuff and vice versa. Imagery allowing we currently scan down to .25m / pixel, i have in some places manged even better but it requires huge amounts of Ram and I currently only have 16gb's.
    I live in the South of France others here are in Finland, Italy, Spain and a little known place called Wales, you might have heard of it Smile. We mostly make stuff for FSX/P3d . There are plenty of pics of our stuff in the scenery creation area plus the photos area
    Make yourself at home we look forward to hearing how you get on.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:33 pm

dcs world?? i have some version of it but cannot even get my joystick to work properly , i have the same problem with x plane, however fsx is plug and play so my joystick works like it does with all the other games -- perfectly. why do these 2 guys have to use different settings from the "norm" ?
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:40 am

Hi Keith,

Welcome to Simhaven and the gang. Im originally from West Wales but now living in Central Italy. Over the past 3 years I have managed to make over 500 GBs of photo real scenery using a FREE fantastic piece of software called FS Earth Tiles, FSET.

Your in good hands here Keith and if I can help in any way just ask.

Cheers, Mike.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:40 pm