SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

THOSE SERVERS AGAIN - FSX MULTI PLAYER

G-GMDH

THOSE SERVERS AGAIN - FSX MULTI PLAYER

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:01 pm

Hi,

Stephen, G-GSJC and I decided to go online and try out the "Skies of Europe" server this evening. Well what a performance, to start with he couldn't see my aircraft. Then I waited for him to take off before taxiing onto the runway. I then asked Stephen on the RT why was he still sitting on the RW, he replied I'm 1000 feet in the air!! And so the pantomime went on for over half an hour. By this time on this server it was getting dark.

We then decided to use an American server this was OK except we had no RT as the server owner has switched ALL the radio communications off as you are expected to use Team Speak!!!!! But we did have more day light flying time.

Then we switched over to a third server back in the UK and this had some issues with the rudder controls on take off from Swansea airport but once airborne no apparent problems and YES we could speak on the RT's and had extra hours of day light flying past 9.00 pm Central European time, 10.00 pm in Finland.

The conclusion if any is that all the servers seem to have gremlins.

So if I had to put money on it which would I use again?

See this web site for the server information.............. http://www.delscope.demon.co.uk/fsx/uk317.html

Cheers and beers, Mike.
    britfrog

Re: THOSE SERVERS AGAIN - FSX MULTI PLAYER

Post by britfrog on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:22 am

Mike what about the server we used a couple of weeks ago over wales that worked perfectly , ok if we have to use skype it is not the end of the world, but I know nost servers wont allow voice comms as it takes up too much bandwidth.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:24 pm

I have used so many servers I cant honestly remember which one we were on, I know we were able to use the RT as I recall telling you that you were blowing my "cans" off with audio!!!

So.......................it was probably the UK317 server as detailed in my web link above. One of the main advantages on this server is that the hour is adjusted to allow more day light flying.

Cheers, M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:57 pm