SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Flight 1 what a shambles!

britfrog

Flight 1 what a shambles!

Post by britfrog on Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:57 am

I have always had a very jaundiced opinion of flight one products, i bought something a few years ago , it was monumentally forgettable, and it was very poor along the lines of Wilco stuff, so i decided not to buy from them again, scroll forward a year or two, and the quality wing 146 came on the market, so i clicked on their link to buy it and it diverted me to flight 1. My heart sank, was this made by quality wings or flight 1?? after a bit of research i discovered that it was a quality wing product, so i bit the bullet and bought it.

Scroll forward another couple of years following my crash from December and i wanted to re-install my 146 so downloaded the installer from flight 1 and it wont work, despite copying in the info from my purchase receipt it says the details are not correct!!! so I contact flight 1 with a ticket and their advice is to do what i already have done 5 times over! not much use that lot!! so i try to enter my account at flight 1 using the account information they sent to me, and guess what my account doesnt exist!! their receipt to me specifies my email address and password neither of which work , this is highly unprofessional indeed !!!

I still await a practical solution to my problem from flight 1 watch this space.

I have noted that I can obtain the 146 on pirate bay FREE!!!!! Clearly this is a very tempting offer for future flight 1 products!
    donnybalonny

Re: Flight 1 what a shambles!

Post by donnybalonny on Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:55 pm

I would contact Qualitywings themselves. Its their product and they should be interested in knowing what is going on.

Flight1 doesnt devellop much. Its mainly a distributer and publisher. The QW146 can be bought other places. Its a nice addon. I havent flown it for a while. I´m not in Jetliner-mood lately. But it flyes well. Its one the few Jets that feels good when handflying it. It has a good air file. The Coolsky DC9 is another one. Many jet addons look good but have horrible airfiles and can only be flown with the autopilot. And some of those have poorly programmed autopilots. confused
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:10 am

Well after more than a week of emails etc going back and forth and me trying on many many occasions to install my 146 without luch and despite me sending them my proof of purchase nothing seemed to work.

I have no problem with people protecting their creations , far fromit , but there has to be a more user friendly method than what I have been experiencing.

In the end this morning they reset at their end my 4 digit password which was the last 4 digits of my c/c a few years ago and that worked.

I must admit that I had vowed after buying the 146 never to buy through flight 1 again, but somehow my c/c card no had been changed I dont recall ever buying anything afterward but I suppose I may have and that changed my 4 digit password to the later c/c however it makes a mockery of the receipt that you receive on purchase saying to print it off and not lose it, I kept mine but their system would not accept my password.

Dont you just love computers???

what ever happened to the cardex system and a phone next to the operator? this could have been settled much easier and simpler days ago.
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:20 am

Try contacting PCaviator. They NEVER answer mails.
    This is not a flightsim thing. The whole world is like that.

but I´m glad to hear you got it figured out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:21 am