SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

how things change in a year

britfrog

how things change in a year

Post by britfrog on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:23 pm

a year ago i was perfectly happy to use this scenery from france vfr

However now i have been spoiled by fset which gives me exactly the same imagery as the first but with better colour and definition

donnybalonny

Re: how things change in a year

Post by donnybalonny on Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:14 am

I can imagine its Perpignan area?
    But what happens when you use Google tiles and move a bit further into the mountains.
    Lets say going west from Amelie Les Bain?

britfrog

Post by britfrog on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:19 pm

to be honest Db i stopped scanning at around Amelie then went northwards to Quillan however the images are not as good as on the plain as the plain has been recently upgraded in quality hence my amazing photos on another link I suspect that the best one will get up there is what france vfr have got at +2 in fset however their colours appear a bit washed out so one may be able to correct the colour if not the sharpness of the image
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:12 pm

Im FSET looked into "your" part of the world a while ago and saw that Google tiles were good, but only on the plain. Further west they look poor. Its the typical GE tiles syndrom. They may look stunning in a small area and then turn into mushy and color patchy stuff. Its a petty they are so inconsistant. When Goggle tiles are good they are the best IMHO, but its only for small regions.

I have 2 VFR France region. And they also looks a bit like your images. Not as bad. I think its could be aereal photos and maybe not satelite. And it looks like the camera shutter has been opened a bit to long and thats why they looks washed out (to bright and flat). In my regions (France-Comte, Rhone Alpes) it helps a lot to fly morning or afternoon and with a bit of clouds to make it all look less bright and more 3 dimensional and also the autogen trees in France Comté help a lot.

BTW, I lived 3 month in Amelie les Bain in the 90th.  And 4 month in Correze in the late 80th.
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:17 pm

hi Db Having had some long talks with the boss at france vfr i know he gets his images from IGN and no doubt they get them from the same source as google , uncle tom cobbly and all.
    my two photos are exactly the same image , i cant see any difference at least just the depth of colour and contrast appear different and of course the level of imagery my picture was done at 0 with fset , no doubt theirs was done at +2 like most people to reduce file size.

I have to say i use the rhone alps (1_2) to fly from Annecy to Nice along with PACA (1+2) and find them perfectly adequate and better colour than my region.

you lived in Amellie? I do a hill climb just outside there every year

As for the Correze well BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR c'est vachemont froid le bas tres beau en ete mais terrible en hiver.
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:36 pm

Just 3 month in Amelie.
    My first wife and I I cycled down there from Germany and stayed untill it got to cold. We looked at Le Canigou, drove up and down the hills and swimmed in chesnut leaves in the mountains.
    Amelie was full of old people going to the hot bath and pretty boring.
    France has changed a lot the last 2 - 3 decades.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:16 pm