SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

HOW TO SWITCH OFF SCENERY AREAS IN FSX

G-GMDH

HOW TO SWITCH OFF SCENERY AREAS IN FSX

Post by G-GMDH on Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:50 pm

This is the area grid that controls the scenery in FSX and FSX Steam......................

How to select the scenery you use and work out the numbers. Use the top coloum from West to East for the first number and then the row North to South for the second number. So most of the UK is in coloum 5 and row 1. Then add a zero to both numbers so this becomes 0501. For coloums 10 and 11 you do not need to add a zero.

So from the grid I found to cover ALL of the UK and Italy I only need areas 0501, 0601 and 0602...................Tick these in the FSX scenery library list.

If you only select the scenery areas you need in FSX it speeds up the load up time, but I'm not sure if it improves performance as yet?
    britfrog

Re: HOW TO SWITCH OFF SCENERY AREAS IN FSX

Post by britfrog on Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:17 pm

I have spent several days looking into this, because on paper at least it could reduce the VAS , allowing for more stuff to run before one gets to the critical area above 3.2mb's

However in reality i have found no difference at all in the VAS whether all those scenery areas are loaded or not, upon reflection , not surprining as fsx only installs scenery that is up to 50 miles away (apparently) so it will not install the USA if you are flying in France for example, but it was a worthwhile experiment to be sure.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Many thanks Nigel for doing those tests.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:48 am